• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

The one thing those GEFS maps tell me...is that Rochester will continue to reign this year.
Reign what, the NE snowball contest, what a joke and where are you even getting this info from, lol? The Capital of snowfall across the NE is Syracuse Point Blank/Capita and IDC if KALB, KROC or KBGM wins once in a decade each, lol! You've been here for 2 yrs bro (I'm not being mean either), ppl like Max and I been have been here for 15-20 yrs and it's just FALSE!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Reign what, the NE snowball contest, what a joke and where are you even getting this info from, lol? The Capital of snowfall across the NE is Syracuse Point Blank/Capita and IDC if KALB, KROC or KBGM wins once in a decade each, lol! You've been here for 2 yrs bro (I'm not being mean either), ppl like Max and I been have been here for 15-20 yrs and it's just FALSE!

I didn't say they reign every year. They have just been having a "great" winter relative to the rest of us this year. 18Z GEFS look awesome for them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Why did you just melt down?  Rochester is strongly poised to win the most snowfall for a contest that has been going on for decades. It’s an interesting discussion. We all the know the overall averages and where Syracuse stands. He’s just making and observation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

Why did you just melt down?  Rochester is strongly poised to win the most snowfall for a contest that has been going on for decades. It’s an interesting discussion. We all the overall averages and where Syracuse stands. He’s just making and observation. 

Thanks, Delta. It was definitely nothing against Syracuse. Pretty much everything you said. :)

Furthermore, the last time Rochester won was 2012 which was a historically warm winter.  Therefore one can draw a conclusion that a mild winter favors Rochester as a relative hot spot during low snow winters.  We cash in on the weak nickel and dime NW lake snows while cuse and buffalo typically need big events to boost their numbers (which are obviously lacking in these years). We are also positioned well to take advantage of weaker systems where cuse might be rain and buffalo is too far west to get significant precip. Rochester has also only won a handful of times in history. So winning twice in under ten years on very warm years is a bit disconcerting.  And let’s not forget about the questionable measuring technique, location, or personnel at the roc airport influencing the numbers

This is certainly an interesting discussion with no intention of saying cuse isn’t the mathematical snowfall champ, which is obviously indisputable. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Indeed. So you Rochester guys need to hope for horrible winters to be the champions! :P  Several times this winter, Buffalo has been too mild with some of these weak systems pulling up warm air, but you guys stay cold enough, and the precip. has fizzled somewhat by the time it gets to the cuse.

Haha.  I would happily never win again if we could get some long cold winters.  I’m definitely pretty depressed about this winter but it happens.   At least I salvaged an amazing weekend in mont tremblant, that was crazy lucky to get that storm. 

• Like 2