• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Storm totals for Oswego county. 

I would of thought N.Redfield would of did a little better but I guess that's the kind of year it's been..

...OSWEGO COUNTY...
   3 SSW REDFIELD        12.0   850 AM  1/19  PUBLIC                  
   2 N RICHLAND          10.8  1130 AM  1/19  TRAINED SPOTTER         
   REDFIELD 8N           10.0   700 AM  1/19  CO-OP OBSERVER          
   W FULTON               9.8   800 AM  1/20  COCORAHS                
   MEXICO 2SW             9.5   700 AM  1/20  CO-OP OBSERVER          
   1 NE PULASKI           8.0   100 PM  1/19  COCORAHS                
   4 SSE LACONA           6.3   700 AM  1/19  COCORAHS                
   SE MINETTO             6.1   800 AM  1/20  COCORAHS                
   OSWEGO 
4.4   700 PM  1/19  STORM TOTAL

56 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Wow, we really did well in Northwestern Onondaga county compared to others. Many reports in Central NY seem to be in the 4 to 6 inch range....but we got 10 inches here. 5 inches Sat. PM and 5 inches of lake effect yesterday.

Agreed. Came in two days. Plus we had 2-3" last thursday.  Not  a bad way to end the month long shutout.

• Like 1

Love the look of this weekends storm. Now let’s watch it fall apart:weenie:

In all reality, this has a great look. Good consistency across models. Limiting factors? Temps. Typically a great track for WNY but enhancement might not add much with marginal temps but then again, the lakes are warm- we saw LER two days ago...

Quick report from my trip to Lake Placid last Thursday to yesterday...About 4" of snow fell Wed night into Thursday morning, which was good b/c the snow pack up there outside of the higher elevations was pretty much wiped out before that.  A few more inches fell Thursday night, driven by a cold and somewhat moist northwest upslope flow.  While not prolific like we see in the lake effect belts, those upslope mountain snows are great.  Several hours of big flakes parachuting down.  Friday was a bluebird day, and very cold (my car thermometer ranged from -5 to +3 driving around to various hiking spots during the day).  Below photo is facing the Great Range from a place called Henry's Woods outside LP.  Snow started again Saturday afternoon.  Accumulations were initially held in check from downsloping off the high peaks.  Snow picked up early Sunday AM as flow switched direction to the northwest.  About 8" fresh snow as we left town Sunday evening, probably double that up above 4K feet.  All in all a well timed trip to the ADK's preceded by a prolonged winter hiatus.  

IMG_0055 (Large).JPG

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Quick report from my trip to Lake Placid last Thursday to yesterday...About 4" of snow fell Wed night into Thursday morning, which was good b/c the snow pack up there outside of the higher elevations was pretty much wiped out before that.  A few more inches fell Thursday night, driven by a cold and somewhat moist northwest upslope flow.  While not prolific like we see in the lake effect belts, those upslope mountain snows are great.  Several hours of big flakes parachuting down.  Friday was a bluebird day, and very cold (my car thermometer ranged from -5 to +3 driving around to various hiking spots during the day).  Below photo is facing the Great Range from a place called Henry's Woods outside LP.  Snow started again Saturday afternoon.  Accumulations were initially held in check from downsloping off the high peaks.  Snow picked up early Sunday AM as flow switched direction to the northwest.  About 8" fresh snow as we left town Sunday evening, probably double that up above 4K feet.  All in all a well timed trip to the ADK's preceded by a prolonged winter hiatus.  

IMG_0055 (Large).JPG

Nice!

Did you do any skiing?  Nordic? Alpine?

47 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

As usual gfs downslopes Oswego county so it can go fook itself but anyway here is the warmest frame as precipitation is moving in..Temps drop from here on out..

Not to worry.  It's a special subroutine i had a friend who owes me plug into the GFS algorithm for synoptic systems.  ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

IMG_0055 (Large).JPG

Beautiful. Can't wait to go in a month. Hopefully there is a couple feet of snow on the ground by then.