• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

5 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I absolutely love this flow for absolute fluff and thats what it looks like outside, simply gorgeous! This flow can be very sneaky too with surprises all the time, thats why I love it!

It is very pretty. I must be on the edges, as it's not coming down heavy...but nice fluffy flakes gently falling.

I'll have to go for a Matt walk soon.

2 minutes ago, Geez150 said:

Well boys and girls since this winter has been nothing sort of a bust for snowmobiling in NY, in a few short hours we are heading all the way up...To Fort Kent, ME to chase the snow. When I find it I will try my best to bring the cold and snow back with us!

There's probably some great snowmobiling in the Tug the next couple of days.

6 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Gotta say, hope everyone liked this last storm cuz GFS has a parade of similar looking outcomes through the whole 0Z run. At least 3 of them.  Broken record of a run.

Don’t look now but the 06z Goofus looks a lot more like the 00z Canadian. GFS has about 6-10” for most of us, while the Canadian is more like 8-16”, not that a trust either at this time range but at least it’s a step in the right direction and something to watch within about a weeks timeframe. 

• Like 1

After a period of quiet weather, precipitation chances will increase
Friday and on into the weekend, as a system passes just south of the
area and a northern stream trough shifts into the region. With only
a limited amount of cold air tapped from Canada, precipitation will
fall as a mix of rain/snow during this period as temperatures
oscillate through the 30s during the diurnal cycle. Based on model
consensus in the track of this system, modest precipitation amounts
look plausible with this system, especially in the Friday night to
Saturday time frame as the upper low passes to the south and some
degree of deformation sets up in the vicinity. The ECMWF remains
alone in a track farther to the south which would mean a bit more
colder air would sneak in allowing for a better chance of
precipitation falling as all wet snow at times. However, this could
all change given the temperature and track uncertainty.

4 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Nice weekend of snow. Roc got about 8 inches. Next weekend looks interesting. Roc up to about 60 inches for the season. About a foot above normal for date. 

It sure doesn’t feel like an above normal season. Does it? I have 4”-5” solid pack right now. So 8” is fair. I guess. 
I was wrong about this weekend. It was impressive for lack of good track. Almost all of it came with the front thump. I thought we’d get what city of BUF got, taint. 

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Temp is still dropping.. I've noticed that majority of my minimums come between 730am-830am, not overnight like you would think..

I was initially surprised by that also but I've noticed the daily mins occur right around sunrise or even a touch later.  Like around sunrise +/- and hour. Esp with calm conditions, good radiational cooling.

• Like 1

Even Carol was crying yesterday. She’s at 100. 
I think the Roc stats are modestly inflated. Maybe 10%.
It all started a few years ago when the airport was under measuring every snowfall. All the local mets went crazy and attacked them, verbally. And very publicly.

Ever since then, over measurements. Go figure. 

• Haha 1

KSYR is at 45.5" total for the season, which is -17 8".  Basically we're missing 2 or 3 decent storms. About what you would expect for a month long period from mid Dec to mid Jan where we received almost nothing. With a season average of about 125" it's going to be a hard pull to get to average, but not impossible. We are already close to the 2011/12 or was it (2014/15?) season total snowfall. Both winters stunk but one was particularly lame.  If we get average monthly snowfall for Mar & Apr we should finish around 100". Which wouldn't be horrible, or outside of typical variability.

• Like 1