• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

P&C upto 4-8. I gotta say, this is a strong set up for areas in Orleans to Wayne, with NE Monroe being ground zero. 
South shore LES is largely unpredictable but this as good a set up as I’ve seen this winter. Now let’s see if we can’t get the meso features to line up. 
Call:

Pebfield Walworth- 7”

Irondequoit- 5”

Airport- 4”

SYR- 5”

Going with pattern recognition, what the GFS shows is probably the most realistic outcome. A weak system with minimal cold and moisture to work with sliding across. The GGEM is the second most possible option (minus the ridiculous snowfall output) as I can see a possible development like that taking place. There have been attempts. The Euro is the least possible option, in my opinion. We have had no suppressed systems this year and there are no major changes in the pattern to lead me to believe that would happen. The SE ridge has been stubbbbbbbbborn.

• Like 1

This storm has to create its own cold..

Even with strong HP just to the NE temps aren't that cold.. Which is funny because we just had a strong HP to the NE and it was quite a bit colder..

The overall upper air pattern across North
America will remain quite warm in the mid latitudes, however a
cutoff low will move east across the eastern third of the nation.
This upper level low may have just enough cold air associated with
it to bring winter weather back into play by Saturday

7 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Is LE gonna fire up at all??

We have been getting lake effect over here all day. Much lighter than the band that went through this morning though. We've had between 3 and 4 new inches here today.

Erie seems to provide much more of the goods than Ontario, at least the past two winters.

39 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

We have been getting lake effect over here all day. Much lighter than the band that went through this morning though. We've had between 3 and 4 new inches here today.

Erie seems to provide much more of the goods than Ontario, at least the past two winters.

Its picking up now.  Maybe we can get it to last for a few hours while football is on.

• Like 1