• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Measured at 10pm since the storm has wrapped up here.  A solid 5". I'll take it. Forecasts were pretty much correct for this part of the storm. Probably overachieved by an inch or so from my original expectations.  We did manage to beat back and avoid the taint here. So there's that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Whoop, there it is! Temps in much of the SYR area are in the mid 30s now.

It was inevitable...that damn tongue of warm air showed itself like an auctioneer at a mime convention. 1/2 of the 5" I received earlier looks like mashed potatoes now. Here's to hoping we get a few more inches of fluffy snow tomorrow to cover this slop. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thinksnow18 said:

It was inevitable...that damn tongue of warm air showed itself like an auctioneer at a mime convention. 1/2 of the 5" I received earlier looks like mashed potatoes now. Here's to hoping we get a few more inches of fluffy snow tomorrow to cover this slop. 

Does it ever NOT show itself??? The second the wind turns southerly around here it's game over. I think it works its way right up the Ohio Valley through Ohio/Western PA into the coastal plain and along I 90 to the Mohawk Valley. Add downsloping to it too.

I love when Freak is positive, but I knew there was no way stopping the warm air. I've lived in lower elevations long enough to know they suck for CAD, unless you're on the east side of the mountains. I think I'll go outside and shovel before it freezes up overnight.

THIS is why there is so much negativity on this board. This winter is a big kick in the nads. 7 degrees this morning...snows...and then starts melting immediately...in January...at midnight. Then we get sunshine and 40s for days again at the end of this week. About to wave the white flag and say bring on Summer so I don't have to deal with the emotional ups and downs of winter.

• Thanks 1

Be interesting to see how this plays out over the next hour or two. Northern band hugging the shore into BUF can’t tell if it’s just gonna keep cranking into us or slide north... Then that area mid lake heading in WSW but looks like the northern band is then pushing it due west.

Down to just a slop coating in the yard.
83005ae040a483e46505ec825dfa9180.jpg

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Be interesting to see how this plays out over the next hour or two. Northern band hugging the shore into BUF can’t tell if it’s just gonna keep cranking into us or slide north... Then that area mid lake heading in WSW but looks like the northern band is then pushing it due west.

Down to just a slop coating in the yard.
83005ae040a483e46505ec825dfa9180.jpg

Looks similar here. Just got back from playing ice hockey and check the radar to see this. A beautiful band of Lake effect rain on Jan 19th (I think on average the coldest day of the year) ...I think I'm ready for winter 2020/21.

codnexlab.NEXRAD.BUF.N0Q.20200119.505.02

• Like 1

Aw, man. That is torture, especially for you Buffalo guys who have to wait for the perfect wind flow for a band.

Just got done cleaning the driveway and going for a Jeb walk. Thanks to the low dewpoint, there isn't much melting going on. But it is compacting...and roads are JUST starting to turn thick mashed potatoes.

I chuckled as numerous neighbors have left their garage doors open! I figured they must have been cleaning up snow and then took a break, thinking they would go back out....oops! Quite surprised...considering these days people are very weary and protective of themselves and properties.