Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

That storm was a literal snowcane. Max wind gust was 106 mph. INSANE

Thanks for the pic dump again. They get some really impressive storms up there. Big moisture source there and latitude advantage.  Favorable location for storm tracks too. I know they rain sometimes depending on nor'Easter tracks but seems like they get gigantic hits a lot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

Thanks for the pic dump again. They get some really impressive storms up there. Big moisture source there and latitude advantage.  Favorable location for storm tracks too. I know they rain sometimes depending on nor'Easter tracks but seems like they get gigantic hits a lot.

Yeah. They set a record for one day snow but it only eclipsed the previous by a couple cms and that was 10 year old record. Nearly 4 feet I think. 

34 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah a bunch of my friends are getting into state trooper, cop, corrections officer for the benefits. 20 years for the first 2 and you get $4k a month pension. 25 years and you're done for corrections officer and 70% of your top 3 years salary for life. Also NYS health benefits, literally can't beat it. I was thinking of doing it but you have to go downstate or upstate for anywhere from 1-3/4 years depending on what route you take. State troopers are pulling in 6 figures after year 3.

I got a state job, took a big pay cut, but the benefits are 100x better. And a pension is so hard to find in the private sector that you might as well be dreaming. People in my dad’s generation got pensions, and they’re doing well, but the people who run things took that away from us and put the money in their own pockets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WNash said:

I got a state job, took a big pay cut, but the benefits are 100x better. And a pension is so hard to find in the private sector that you might as well be dreaming. People in my dad’s generation got pensions, and they’re doing well, but the people who run things took that away from us and put the money in their own pockets.

I'm sick of the private sector. The bank I work for was just purchased by another bank and my whole team save for one person was told you don't have a position when the merger takes place in 4 months. Screw job all the way around. I've been looking at state/federal jobs for some time now and this sounds like good time as any.

• Like 2

I retired after 37 years with the state DOT as an engineer.  I probably could have made more in private industry but they’re making it up now with my pension.  Of course I was in Tier 3 and people being hired now are in Tier 6 with reduced benefits.  Also I have good health insurance.  7 years ago I had triple bypass surgery and paid very little out of pocket. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I'm sick of the private sector. The bank I work for was just purchased by another bank and my whole team save for one person was told you don't have a position when the merger takes place in 4 months. Screw job all the way around. I've been looking at state/federal jobs for some time now and this sounds like good time as any.

Let me guess. Bank of Akron? I have worked in banking for 9 years. Message me if there is anything I can help you out with. I think something similar is happening to my bank, even though it is a huge institution. The signs are there, not sure what is happening. There is no job security anymore in the private sector. I really would like to go into the public sector. Me and my wife have been looking the last few months but she works from home and loves it and I enjoy my job too.

30 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Those garage videos are my favorite. I finally have a house with attached garage, so can't wait until the next big LES event to get this vid and fly my drone from my garage through the neighborhood haha.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Let me guess. Bank of Akron? I have worked in banking for 9 years. Message me if there is anything I can help you out with. I think something similar is happening to my bank, even though it is a huge institution. The signs are there, not sure what is happening. There is no job security anymore in the private sector. I really would like to go into the public sector. Me and my wife have been looking the last few months but she works from home and loves it and I enjoy my job too.

Fairport Savings...purchased by Evans. Kicker was they purchased the bank BECAUSE of our mortgage dept. Then they cut 80% of us. Kick in the junk. Definitely. Not sure how to message you though...

21 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Fairport Savings...purchased by Evans. Kicker was they purchased the bank BECAUSE of our mortgage dept. Then they cut 80% of us. Kick in the junk. Definitely. Not sure how to message you though...

Brutal. I work at Citizens. Been there about 5 years and worked at M&T for 4 years before that. My wife works from home as Paralegal in Mortgage default. I've been trying to get her into underwriting.

• Like 2

It's looking real good right now, absolutely ripping snow here temp stuck at 17F as well, lol!  I don't think I'll be streaking anywhere, Whew, cause the past few we tainted and the pattern wasn't in my favor, but we're looking good this time around.I definitely had a feeling about this one so as thge ULHP wasn't moving so easily this time so we'll see where we end up tomorrow!  Finally looks like Winter out there and a great day to be on a sled, for sure!! 

pmsl.gif?1579378211239

Down to 998MB moving E with a slight tick to the SE! What a beaut that's all I gotta saylol!