• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Lol temps in the 20s but a rain and snow mix? Doesn't make sense haha..

Even I'm forecasted 33° overnight..

Yeah, their peculiarly-worded forecasts that get put that say things like 'Snow. Rain likely. Chance of rain showers, blah blah..." lol

Straight out "Rain after midnight" with temps in the upper 20s, with a strong southerly wind...

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

When? I don't care what the models show just like yesterday's LP was a cutter but ended up going through the Southern tier, RLMAO!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If what you're thinking comes to fruition then, it sounds like you think most of upstate NY would get 6+ inches of snow then? That low would have to stay pretty far south for that to happen.

1 hour ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

If it rains anywhere in Onondaga County tomorrow morning afternoon or night, ill streak down RT 31 naked right across the bridge that goes over 481, RLMAO!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Deal. I'll video that sh*t for the forum. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

It's like it said, "How do I screw over all of the major cities?" lol

Yeah kinda. This is HRRR early Sunday AM. Still some NW lake effect for ROC and SYR still probably to go after that frame. But BUF will be done by then. Lake effect... sorry enhanced... this year since a pure lake effect event just won’t happen for anyone! The high res runs tonight are all showing this almost lake shadow like anti snow strip along the Lake Erie shore into Metro BUF. Just crazy it’s mid January and the lake will be too warm and push our temps to far above freezing for most of the event. A freaking lake shadow in January. Don’t think I can recall a season we have gotten shafted on so many storms.

Transition Zone Special!
0402f6981c1094d844b06bf71957ec96.jpg

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Yeah kinda. This is HRRR early Sunday AM. Still some NW lake effect for ROC and SYR still probably to go after that frame. But BUF will be done by then. Lake effect... sorry enhanced... this year since a pure lake effect event just won’t happen for anyone! The high res runs tonight are all showing this almost lake shadow like anti snow strip along the Lake Erie shore into Metro BUF. Just crazy it’s mid January and the lake will be too warm and push our temps to far above freezing for most of the event. A freaking lake shadow in January. Don’t think I can recall a season we have gotten shafted on so many storms.

Transition Zone Special!
0402f6981c1094d844b06bf71957ec96.jpg

Yeah, a lake that is usually frozen by now is wrecking it for you in January. What a rough winter.

Well I’m in position in Mont Tremblant. Looks like a very nice spot for this storm track, it’s incredible how lucky I got with this trip considering the winter we’ve had!  It’s beautiful here but quite cold, -7f....we still got in a nice soak in the outdoor hot tub though!  

low end forecast guess here - 5”

high end amount 12”

expecting 7” but I have no idea about local orographic influences so I’m hoping to be surprised. 

A6D4C666-6671-4784-B167-330EF400692B.thumb.jpeg.f543e268168346531cef91341705410a.jpeg

BAE2619A-0015-4310-8591-0507916AA89A.thumb.jpeg.bdc349f1bb026c39efda528561c426fb.jpeg

8DE75593-D954-4CE6-8DF8-BDC4D59E6785.thumb.jpeg.1346e9d2fd4d91633e1692b28ccb2955.jpeg

• Like 4