• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate/Eastern New York

11 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Possiblity stormy back to back weekends..

Been watching this one from afar but not trying to get to far ahead of myself lol

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_49 (1).png

Been eyeing that storm also. Long way out and GFS thermal profile is AFU ahead of the panel you posted. Too warm. Verbatim its rain to snow on the snow/ice display but not seeing rain with the 540 line well south of NY...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Been eyeing that storm also. Long way out and GFS thermal profile is AFU ahead of the panel you posted. Too warm. Verbatim its rain to snow on the snow/ice display but not seeing rain with the 540 line well south of NY...

That storm would be an old fashioned 12 to 18 all over WNY

There's that longwave trough I've been talking about in the long range.

The significant weekend storm could very likely be a pattern
changing system...as long range guidance and forecasts from the
Climate Prediction Center suggest that a deep longwave trough
will become dominant over the eastern half of the continent as
we push through the second half of the month. This would favor
below normal temperatures.

4 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

That’s actually a pretty great set up. Give it time:weenie:

KBUF seems hell bent on there being a good amount of Lake enhancement south and Southeast of the lakes on Sunday and Sunday night as the first low acts as a inverted trough bringing Atlantic moisture back over the lakes on a NNW direction. 

• Like 1

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

KBUF seems hell bent on there being a good amount of Lake enhancement south and Southeast of the lakes on Sunday and Sunday night as the first low acts as a inverted trough bringing Atlantic moisture back over the lakes on a NNW direction. 

That's a nice setup - if it happens. The lake is primed for a good NNW event.

• Like 2

The one limited factor for south shore LE, following ‘the storm’, will be wind. But, it’s the only interesting game in town. So we watch. 
Im just blown away by BUFS excitement for this weekends storm. They act as if a 5 year blizzard is on its way. From my perspective this storm looks about as impactful as the last one (not very). They are usually right. Just don’t see what they see. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

The one limited factor for south shore LE, following ‘the storm’, will be wind. But, it’s the only interesting game in town. So we watch. 
Im just blown away by BUFS excitement for this weekends storm. They act as if a 5 year blizzard is on its way. From my perspective this storm looks about as impactful as the last one (not very). They are usually right. Just don’t see what they see. 

It's rare to see them this bold so far out...usually it's the opposite.

20 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

It's why im kinda excited...our track record as a group has been, well, as good as zippy chippy, dick trickle and the 2017 Cleveland Browns...heres to hoping the BUF NWS finally knows more than we do...

The last KBGM AFD that I read was less sanguine about the weekend system. Kind of more what I would expect this far out.  The aviation terminal part does mention rain or snow affecting terminals...

• Haha 1