• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

23 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

I’ve never heard winds roar so loud in my life. I bet there were some hurricane force gust here in the last couple hours. Constant things slamming the house. It’s honestly scary. 

I guarantee you somewhere near Batavia had to hit 70mph++ with that squall line, crazy stuff.

11 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I live in Williamsville off maple just west of transit...i swear every time we have even advisory winds that area you live in loses power. That's crazy.

Ya the previous owner installed a whole home generator for that reason. I’m sure all of the dead ash out here don’t help. My first house was in Williamsville near Westwood and I don’t remember losing power there in 7 years. 

This weekend storm might work out and be interesting for many.  It’s a different look to be sure: got a decent airmass to work with, certainly appears potent.

the Oz. GFS depicts A 992 LP pressing into a stout 1044 HP to the north, from Chicago to the st. Lawrence valley. Verbatim the GFS shows snow to start, a transition to rain, and then backend snows for western NY.   The LP transfers to the coast into the gulf of Maine and everyone is back to snow for a spell for the west and central.   The dacks look to the jackpot on the gfs, as well as eastern NY with the transfer to coastal  

The Euro sports a more western track.  The low is weaker and takes it  into the UP of michigan and the transfers from Ottawa to SNE.  Less snow and more rain on this one verbatim, the but position of the LP after transfer suggests the backend would be decent even though the model doesn’t show verbatim.   The rainy part for western NY could actually be dry slot...so all is not lost.  Dacks also jack.  

My take is there is an LP transfer is in the cards, details TBD.  This set up kind of makes a cut path work out as the SE ridge retreats, better antecedent airmass, and a stout HP to the north.  A strengthening coastal hugger  can chuck snow westward, and Both models depict snowy outcomes, but a mix will likely have to be tolerated.  

Not a bad look at this timeframe. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Models had 2"-4" of liquid here..I picked up 0.80" over 3 days lol

Point is models stink and can't be trusted beyond 12 hrs..

Agreed. I had 0.25" rain yesterday and 0.11 the day before. A far cry from the flooding rains NWP showed a few days ago. Even friday I believe various models had our area around an inch or more of rain. 

Be glad this wasnt progged as a big snowstorm here cuz we would have all been ripsh*t over a big bust.  I didnt see any snowfall reports from the entire midwest that supported the thousands of miles of Winter Storm Warnings that were issued. Weird system.

• Like 3