• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

If we really wanna get simple about this weekend, alls it is, is a wave of LP that forms along the Arctic Front and has no choice but to strengthen as the temperature difference between the two air masses is absurd. I cant imagine where it's gonna end up, the front that is. What puts the brakes on it and where does that happen is a good question.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

If we really wanna get simple about this weekend, alls it is, is a wave of LP that forms along the Arctic Front and has no choice but to strengthen as the temperature difference between the two air masses is absurd. I cant imagine where it's gonna end up, the front that is. What puts the brakes on it and where does that happen is a good question.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Bermuda high.  All models have it really pumped up with trough axis way too far west.  Maybe they will adjust, still 5 days out.  I'd expect temps pushing 45-50F Saturday in CNY the way it looks today.

2 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Bermuda high.  All models have it really pumped up with trough axis way too far west.  Maybe they will adjust, still 5 days out.  I'd expect temps pushing 45-50F Saturday in CNY the way it looks today.

Might push 60 down here. If it ain't snowing might as well be able to wear shorts and tee shirt. GFS also has a dry slot with only .2 of total qpf to boot. Win-win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Every run since 0z last night on the GFS has nudged NW. This this is going to cut....as usual. 

Indices favor cut but I thought that high would be strong enough to win out. Guess not. I posted last week the majority of storms would cut in this type of pattern. Day 10-15 are starting to look a little better.

Sleet is AWFUL to drive in, but wow, does it take a LONG time to melt! In the Valentine's day storm, I was living in Lancaster, PA and we had SIX INCHES of sleet, and then several inches of wet snow...it all froze solid that night, and it took WEEKS of temps in the 40s and 50s to melt the literal glacier that formed. Cars that hadn't been cleaned out were pretty much frozen in place.

It was quite an incredible experience.

• Like 3