• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

Normally, this would be a banging storm track with plenty of cold and lake enhancement. Not this January. 

Welcome to the new norm...we have officially become the mid Atlantic region...we pray for Perfect conditions and hold on to op runs like they're meteorlogical gospel only to realize they're a boy band playing in purgatory. It needs the ****ing snow...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Welcome to the new norm...we have officially become the mid Atlantic region...we pray for Perfect conditions and hold on to op runs like they're meteorlogical gospel only to realize they're a boy band playing in purgatory. It needs the ****ing snow...

Yep, reminds me exactly of my winters growing up in SE PA. Always on the rain/snow line...hoping for a bit of cold to change it over to snow...watch it all melt within in the next two days...then temps in the 40s and brown everything until the next possibility 2 weeks later.

46 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Now is the time I start rooting for the only record we can beat and thats the record for the least snow in a season!

2014-15 will be tough to beat. I think I had 45-50" that season and we are already around 30". Calls for a "new normal" seem overwrought based on a lousy, and ill timed, three week period.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

A dusting that is already gone here. Overnight runs look terrible for the next 10 days. Going to need some serious reshuffling to get anything that resembles winter. 

+12 for the month at BUF thru yesterday with nothing but + departures in sight. I’ll set the January over/under line at +10...

16 hours ago, OHweather said:

Yeah this pattern looks nothing like a strong El Nino...we'd have a giant negative anomaly just off the West Coast pumping a ridge over most of the continent with a modest trough over the SE, about the opposite of what we have now.  The issue has actually been a general lack of thunderstorms over the Pacific keeping the Pac jet too weak/retracted, putting ridging south of the Aleutians/near the Dateline (which is too far west) and a trough on the West Coast (pumping the SE ridge).  We had our most interesting pattern in and around November when we actually had a more prolonged flare-up of convection over the western/central Pacific.  We should get another more prolonged flare-up mid-January through the first week or two of Feb over the Pacific which is why I think a shakeup is coming.  It's going to be very cold over Canada and once we dislodge that south we may flip pretty abruptly.  

11 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

A dusting that is already gone here. Overnight runs look terrible for the next 10 days. Going to need some serious reshuffling to get anything that resembles winter. 

I agree with the others....I'll see your 10 days of terrible and raise to 14, at least on the GEFS.

The Aleutian ridge is driving a pattern that's poison for us.

• Like 1