Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NYE Mess Obs

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, bobbutts said:

Taking a break from clearing the driveway.  One of the worst to clean up.  It's solid underneath with just a little snow on top.  Two passes and there's still about 1/2" ice left.

I have like a half inch of compacted snow on the bottom, an inch of ice on top of that, 2-3” of sleet on top of that, and then 1-2” of snow on top of that. I tried shoveling first, but laughed and gave up after the first attempt. Luckily the new snow blower ripped through it like a hot knife through butter. 

3 hours ago, mreaves said:

How are the trails in that area?  I've never ridden in Maine but love that area and spent time there camping in summer.  It's probably one of the easiest areas to get to for me, straight over on 302 and feels like it would be a good place to go for a Maine rookie.

Trails are pretty typical for southern Maine and the clubs are strong. You can link up a ride that takes you up Hurricane Mountain Road and Evans Notch in NH and wraps back into Maine via Stow and Kezar Lake -- one of the classics out this way. Not sure what reciprocity is for Vermont sleds in NH and Maine these days tho. 

1 hour ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Trails are pretty typical for southern Maine and the clubs are strong. You can link up a ride that takes you up Hurricane Mountain Road and Evans Notch in NH and wraps back into Maine via Stow and Kezar Lake -- one of the classics out this way. Not sure what reciprocity is for Vermont sleds in NH and Maine these days tho. 

Just have to register in ME. I may try it the free weekend. 

17 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread before as I did not read every single post but at one point yesterday Northern Worcester County was under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning and an Ice Storm Warning simultaneously . Has this happened before around here?

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/52873-nye-mess-obs/page/23/