Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NYE Mess Obs

40/70 Benchmark

26 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Love that area down to Wolfeboro. Wish we were there.

Ya it’s a great area. Tons of fun in the summer and winter. I’m lucky the parents have the cabin up here and I can visit whenever I want.

Still moderate/borderline heavy snow. Should end up with over a foot and conditions on the slopes will be awesome tomorrow. Big bummer if this weekends system turns everything back into a block of ice. 

• Like 1

Just now, KoalaBeer said:

Ya it’s a great area. Tons of fun in the summer and winter. I’m lucky the parents have the cabin up here and I can visit whenever I want.

Still moderate/borderline heavy snow. Should end up with over a foot and conditions on the slopes will be awesome tomorrow. Big bummer if this weekends system turns everything back into a block of ice. 

Frozen on the front end, Frozen on the backend, Not a whole lot in between it seems right now.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Woof, York and Cumberland Counties are going to be big busts for us. Totals will end up okay on the scale of busts, but messaging of a break in the precip and it just never materialized.

9.5” on the day for me.

A bust is a bust, But when there positive its more palatable..........:)

• Like 2

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

People are BY FAR more tolerant when there’s a positive bust. The pitchforks come out when followers are told expect x amount of snow and they wake up to brown grass. At least if you predict 6” and 12 drops people are prepared for travel issues, etc..

It’s the worst to cancel plans when you really didn’t have to.

Yes, Exactly, The negative ones really can hurt the reputation, Much easier to take them up if needed then to have to back track.

Just got home from the restaurant. The road are a wreck.

Thunderstorm? Crazy! We had several very close strikes down by the greenfield rotary. Saw a few firetrucks head over to Bjs. Pretty sure the restaurant itself or the immediate area got stuck twice. Both times the entire computer system went down due to surges. Had several outlets in the kitchen throw sparks. My cooks freaked out, lol. Lost the ability to process credit cards for a few hours, which sucked. Between that and the water main break outside the store on Saturday night, I've had a few unlucky shifts at work. ... it's times like this when being the guy in charge isn't fun.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 1