• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NYE Mess Obs

40/70 Benchmark

2" of sleet and snow above the 0.3" of glaze. Definitely getting some upslope enhancement with the easterly flow as it's snowing harder than the radar would suggest. We probably get it from the reverse direction this time tomorrow...

Edit: I should add that we had some impressive thundersleet earlier with 3 flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder. 2nd occurrence of thunder this month with the first back on December 1st.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tunafish said:

I had about 2 hours of sleet from 630-830.  Liquid equivalent on my last measurement of 3.6" was 0.81".

Event total liquid is 1.69" from 10.8" snow.

Fascinating. You are spitting distance south of me. No sleet yet. Pretty little storm. Plow guys tell me they not happy, but are going get a lot unhappier in an hour or so.

Quick measurement puts me at 11 inches up in Ossipee . Coincides well with the 10.3 reported in Acton Maine at 7:30 not far from here.

...York County...
5 NNW Acton                  10.3 in   0727 PM 12/30   Public

Also closing in on 24 hours straight of snow or sleet precipitation. I was expecting more of a break this afternoon. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Quick measurement puts me at 11 inches up in Ossipee . Coincides well with the 10.3 reported in Acton Maine at 7:30 not far from here.

...York County...
5 NNW Acton                  10.3 in   0727 PM 12/30   Public

Also closing in on 24 hours straight of snow or sleet precipitation. I was expecting more of a break this afternoon. 

Love that area down to Wolfeboro. Wish we were there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I just measure hot water into the inner tube and pour it into the core. Then I measure all of that back into the inner (may have to add a few together in larger samples) and subtract out what I added in. This is all using the stratus of course.

Thats how I do it. When taking chores for depth I invert the Stratus, slide a thin wafer board under it then put it on a pot on the stove 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Thats how I do it. When taking chores for depth I invert the Stratus, slide a thin wafer board under it then put it on a pot on the stove 

I have a piece of corrugated plastic board that works great for when i slide the core of the snowboard onto that before i flip the stratus right side up and melt it in a pot.