Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NYE Mess Obs

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, dryslot said:

I wonder if one of the cocs took the brunt of it?

I have a couple with a respiratory illness for the first time in 4yrs. One was sneezing a lot today. Just trying to give them good air and no chills. I really don’t need a whole flock epidemic right now. 

-SN 23.8°

Just now, dendrite said:

I have a couple with a respiratory illness for the first time in 4yrs. One was sneezing a lot today. Just trying to give them good air and no chills. I really don’t need a whole flock epidemic right now. 

-SN 23.8°

Absolutely not, That can be catastrophic.

12 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Temp and dews just dropped like a rock. Down to 29.7 in a matter of minutes.

Good drain going on from just outside 495 in the ASH to Tip in Ayer to just north of ORH corridor. Looks like it just hit Holden on the mesonet sites....Jefferson site went from 32 to 29 in like 20 minutes just now. Should be hitting north side of ORH soon. 

Models did pretty good with the temps earlier today but they eventually missed starting this evening...delayed but not denied on the "unmodeled" cold drain. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Good drain going on from just outside 495 in the ASH to Tip in Ayer to just north of ORH corridor. Looks like it just hit Holden on the mesonet sites....Jefferson site went from 32 to 29 in like 20 minutes just now. Should be hitting north side of ORH soon. 

Models did pretty good with the temps earlier today but they eventually missed starting this evening...delayed but not denied on the "unmodeled" cold drain. 

Still just north of me.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Little snow mixing back in with sleet here.

The boundaries been struggling to reach the border today for whatever reason. I was 32f most of the afternoon while the northside of town was 28-29f. Its since moved through and I'm down to 28f. Some of the meso stations in salem have been bouncing back and forth as oscillates 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Still just north of me.

Yeah it's kind of stalled to your northwest...having trouble making that push across 93. We'll see if it can do that in the next hour or two with the last push of higher pressures. They start to fall again after 9-10pm...though even when they fall, sometimes they'll really tug that flow more ageostrophic for a time.