• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NYE Mess Obs

40/70 Benchmark

It has been pouring beach sand on and off all day. I'm pretty impressed, we have a decent accumulation. It is worse to drive in than snow. Closer to Alex and the ski area there is a snow component mixed in. Where I am it has been more sleet. The wind has been surprisingly intense. I'm interested in how the entire evolution will play out

9 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

It started off as a fun ice storm threat than turned into thunder and lightning snow/sleet, a severe thunderstorm warning, road conditions that made driving in a Subaru with mud tires a fun challenge, everything is white again. I consider this one a fun win. And it's still pounding sleet.

On top of 32+" this December (which is more than Okemo and some southern VT ski areas have received), I consider this December pretty great.

Nice, December to remember down there.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah pretty much all sleet and hail so not snow .  At least it’s white. Keep getting bouts of heavy sleet moving thru

So you're not going to count that in your seasonal snow total are you if it's not snow?

About the same here but there was also about 0.1" earlier that melted so 1.1" on the day for me.

57 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice fake punt bro, going into halftime with a lead, maybe you can teach your Coach Bill about time management going into the half

He learned well from lavarock and Tblizz...just throw a tantrum and say you are skunked for the next couple weeks and then a big snow event shows up a couple days later. :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

He learned well from lavarock and Tblizz...just throw a tantrum and say you are skunked for the next couple weeks and then a big snow event shows up a couple days later. :lol:

Never thought i would say this but it seems to works, Just buy a pass to camp pitchafit.

• Like 1

Just now, Lava Rock said:
19 minutes ago, dryslot said:
Not usually a fan of the showery nature of the radar but would think it becomes a little more uniform and cosolidates overnight once the slp develops and moves NNE up the coast.

Had a brief lull, but coming down mod now

That's how it works, You get those heavier burst then it subsides.

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:
5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:
He learned well from lavarock and Tblizz...just throw a tantrum and say you are skunked for the next couple weeks and then a big snow event shows up a couple days later. emoji38.png

I've been fairly well behaved thus far this season

Yeah you actually have been...you may have passed the torch to dryslot. Let him do the dirty work. 

28 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

It started off as a fun ice storm threat than turned into thunder and lightning snow/sleet, a severe thunderstorm warning, road conditions that made driving in a Subaru with mud tires a fun challenge, everything is white again. I consider this one a fun win. And it's still pounding sleet.

On top of 32+" this December (which is more than Okemo and some southern VT ski areas have received), I consider this December pretty great.

That’s impressive. What were your totals previously before this one? I forget if you cracked 22” in the early month one.

19 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

So you're not going to count that in your seasonal snow total are you if it's not snow?

About the same here but there was also about 0.1" earlier that melted so 1.1" on the day for me.

I’ll count it as a total, but I’d never call sleet or hail snow. They really should have a seperate Sleet seasonal tally to differentiate as with hail in a summer storm 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2