Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NYE Mess Obs

40/70 Benchmark

26 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

are you in the office?  any hope for tonight?  I'm not sure which algorithm or model they use but wunderground has been going 3-5 for tonight for more than 24 hours.  Of course, they also had 3-5 for last night...

There's some faint hope. Soundings are pretty toasty aloft through the late afternoon/early evening. Once they cool off the DGZ is pretty dry though, so the snow may not be pretty.

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Starting to see some lower CC creeping southward on the northern edge of BOX so that cold layer is advecting in and getting deeper.

And you can see the northern edge of precip starting to sag south as the dry air feeds in. Dews across ME are dropping in the last hour.

closing in on an inch...of rain... still at 34/32, winss now ENEat5 gusting to 12...i can see the hill in the distance that's probably about 1200', and it appears to be glazed at the top half of the hill, can't be positive of that but it would make sense. reports from Norfolk are some accretion.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

There's some faint hope. Soundings are pretty toasty aloft through the late afternoon/early evening. Once they cool off the DGZ is pretty dry though, so the snow may not be pretty.

And that's the rosiest of model scenarios that I'm seeing. The NAM holds that changeover off until overnight and by then it's too late.

22 minutes ago, DomNH said:

SN/IP mix now.

Just drove from Bedford ma to Nashua . Visibility dropped in Tyngsboro where flakes certainly were in the mix. Then temps dropped below freezing and trees and landscape had a noticeable change right at Ma/NH border . Roads snow/sleet covered by exit 5

30.6 F 

looks like 30 isotherm crosses Nashua ENE toward Derry .

certainly some fatter fluffy flakes in mix 

Just drove from Bedford ma to Nashua . Visibility dropped in Tyngsboro where flakes certainly were in the mix. Then temps dropped below freezing and trees and landscape had a noticeable change right at Ma/NH border . Roads snow/sleet covered by exit 5
30.6 F 
looks like 30 isotherm crosses Nashua ENE toward Derry .
certainly some fatter fluffy flakes in mix 

Definitely snowing in Tyngsborough right now at 33 degrees.