Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NYE Mess Obs

40/70 Benchmark

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wasn’t just euro either. Looked like mets went wild there. 

Always go warmer mid-level temps in these and toss the snow maps.  There are always those warm layers the models don’t extrapolate in those graphics.  

After some sleet and freezing rain it’s back to snow up here for the moment.  

At least it looks like winter again and the grass was completely buried again at home from the bare spots that opened up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

moderate frzr and sleet.  Also the wind is picking up significantly - is this the caa?  GYX mentioned a dry slot but it is coming down pretty hard.  hoping we can get a few inches of snow tonight to cover this shitup

You can probably punt part 2 as well.

December has been pretty decent in my area. So we get a little mild up. The NOAA 8-14 range has us colder than normal with normal precip. They aren't all that awful in these near range forecasts so I hardly looks like a "winter cancel". Really, the old fashioned up and down type of winter with some very real possibilities of good snow mixed with a cutter or four. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

21 minutes ago, dryslot said:

-SN, 25/16°F, Eyeballing around 2" from round 1, Talk about a sharp cut off, If i was a couple miles further NE i would have seen 0.

2.8" when I woke up this morning. :weight_lift:

16 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

moderate frzr and sleet.  Also the wind is picking up significantly - is this the caa?  GYX mentioned a dry slot but it is coming down pretty hard.  hoping we can get a few inches of snow tonight to cover this shitup

Yeah, not sure I'd be calling that a dry slot. The real dry slot is over BUF. It may be a shredded warm conveyor at times, but we're not in a dry slot.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Yeah, not sure I'd be calling that a dry slot. The real dry slot is over BUF. It may be a shredded warm conveyor at times, but we're not in a dry slot.

are you in the office?  any hope for tonight?  I'm not sure which algorithm or model they use but wunderground has been going 3-5 for tonight for more than 24 hours.  Of course, they also had 3-5 for last night...

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Got me by 1”, 1.8”, Until yesterday it looked like 0 out of part 1 so we will call it a win, Now we wait for the SLP to get going for part 2