Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYE Mess Obs

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Hard to tell what it's doing up there. Looks like some flakes, but they're mostly in the clouds. The warm layer will be well above them when it noses in later.

Thanks! I appreciate you taking a look. I guess it is clouds and some snow. Normally there are lights on the cams. I wonder if mountain ops turned the lights off so people will not look at the precip types all night! Regardless it’s been an interesting night here for sure! Still just freezing rain at the house at 1200’

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

The NAM has the IP line crashing back SW toward AFN starting around now. No sign of that yet on CC.

Last scan washed out quite a bit in your neck of the woods. Well see if it continues 

May also be intensity dependent in the banding to there 

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

50/50 snow and sleet now. 29.8F

Took a measurement off the board, but didn't clear.

0.4" new and 0.07" w.e.

i havent looked close at this event but how much snow was the forecast for your area (in general) and what were you expecting to get?

Whole handful of nothing. RN 34F :raining:

EDIT: Ouch, WSW for 5-8" and a glaze of ice.

iceeee.JPG

I'm going to nowcast some deflated weenies.   Any significant icing will be at high elevations of Berks and Greens in S VT.  A lot of QPF will be wasted as liquid in most of SNE.  Pellets will get pretty far N tonight before retreating.   Part 2 is still the wildcard fir NNE. 

WTF else should a NE winter wx enthusiast expect from a lakes cutter?!?

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

i havent looked close at this event but how much snow was the forecast for your area (in general) and what were you expecting to get?

I've been on the 2-4" snow train with some sleet accums on top of it. GYX was in the 6-8" range last I saw, but that probably includes sleet and any snow after a changeover back from the secondary. I think I saw Chris on here say he'd like to dial back the amounts though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The 12z euro valid 5z isn't looking too hot.

The hrrr has basically been initializing with a sleet, borderline snow sounding here. It's been a 31.9F rain for a while. 

I did think we wouldve flipped back to sleet by now. I'm sure well be pelting in a few hours, but a slower start than I was expecting. 

30 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

The hrrr has basically been initializing with a sleet, borderline snow sounding here. It's been a 31.9F rain for a while. 

I did think we wouldve flipped back to sleet by now. I'm sure well be pelting in a few hours, but a slower start than I was expecting. 

Looks like it will flip back to snow again here soon.

E433BC1E-CC98-41DE-AD69-BCF17CD587A1.gif