Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYE Mess Obs

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think for you in SNH and nrn MA, you were always going to wait until after like 4-5a anyways. This mess mix seemed in the cards until it cools off at that time. We’ll see how this push goes. 

I thought we would have prolonged sleet? Is that still in the cards? I noticed Boston already dumped a shit ton of salt. 

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think for you in SNH and nrn MA, you were always going to wait until after like 4-5a anyways. This mess mix seemed in the cards until it cools off at that time. We’ll see how this push goes. 

There’s an interesting blob of plain rain on ptype surrounding my vicinity to ASH while sn w-e-n-s of it. Refuses to flip over there just wobbling around in the loops.

21 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I thought if would start as sleet up here.

Nope was suppose to be rain or a messy mix of rain and well rain as scooter said . Almost everything is massaged like a kev post into a AWT at these times lol 

Will is a straight shooter , this was thought to be sleet for us not rain

now maybe we flip to pure sleet next hour or two 

1 minute ago, wxmanmitch said:

Steady light to moderate freezing rain, 29.9° F. Everything is a sheet of ice. Birch and spruce/fir branches are beginning to droop slightly. Persistent breeze out of the east too.

Fully expecting a damaging ice storm here, but I have backup power if grid goes down. 

Not looking good for your internet again...

You're in a "great" position for icing out of this event.

2 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

Steady light to moderate freezing rain, 29.9° F. Everything is a sheet of ice. Birch and spruce/fir branches are beginning to droop slightly. Persistent breeze out of the east too.

Fully expecting a damaging ice storm here, but I have backup power if grid goes down. 

Thanks Mitch. Please keep us updated. I'm closing on a house up there in a few weeks and I'm nervous about what may transpire..

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

I just had the worst drive of my life heading from dinner at Stratton to my house at 1200’ outside Jamaica Vermont. Even with a truck in 4 wheel drive I had to drive 2 mph with one set of tires in the ditch for traction. I had never experienced ice like that on a road. Took 2 hours to go 3 miles. Moderate rain and 28 will do that. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Interesting, it’s dumping snow now at 3800’ now on the Stratton summit cam. I guess the warm layer is stuck somewhere in the 3000’ range. 

Hard to tell what it's doing up there. Looks like some flakes, but they're mostly in the clouds. The warm layer will be well above them when it noses in later.