Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NYE Mess Obs

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, 512high said:

I just pre-salted one large lot, put down heavy, will temps continue to go down? hoping to sleep till 4am or will my work be washed away....temp now 34F

It'll trickle down slowly throughout the night. Probably at or below freezing by some point in the early AM.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I  am confused. Was this supposed to not be zr anywhere in SNE until morning? Would be nice if mets chimed in with ideas, thoughts, forecasts 

It seems apparent precip moved in a bit ahead of schedule and areas where I am are seeing more liquid then forecast . Perhaps the drain was pushed back a tad as well (from ideas yesterday ) dunno

Can’t speak for Berks /etc etc

i mean I’m sitting at 34.7 degrees and not going down . I’m not surprised as airmass is putrid and no models showed temps to freezing till at least 1-2 am but I figured I’d be more sleet 

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It seems apparent precip moved in a bit ahead of schedule and areas where I am are seeing more liquid then forecast . Perhaps the drain was pushed back a tad as well (from ideas yesterday ) dunno

Can’t speak for Berks /etc etc

i mean I’m sitting at 34.7 degrees and not going down . I’m not surprised as airmass is putrid and no models showed temps to freezing till at least 1-2 am but I figured I’d be more sleet 

I've have been watchng temps NE of Kevin and steadily dropping from 38 to 34 in last couple of hours

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

idk...seems to be going according to plan to me. It's a meh airmass until the low level CAA feed arrives tomorrow. We've been talking about it for days how some places, even ORH, could start as plain rain and then start flipping toward sunrise.

In mass ...ya. In Nashua i didn’t hear any calls for plain rain for hours 

Maybe I’m a poor reader :)

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

idk...seems to be going according to plan to me. It's a meh airmass until the low level CAA feed arrives tomorrow. We've been talking about it for days how some places, even ORH, could start as plain rain and then start flipping toward sunrise.

also lots of virga on the front end as was expected.

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I misunderstood. I thought for anyone that was big ice, they needed zr all night since most of the precip is tonight into am Stuck at 32.6. So I guess we’ll see what morning obs are 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I misunderstood. I thought for anyone that was big ice, they needed zr all night since most of the precip is tonight into am Stuck at 32.6. So I guess we’ll see what morning obs are 

Yeah I am not gung ho on big ice because we waste some precip. Some of the highest spots of ORH county and Berks though may not waste as much.

You really wanted to see dews still in the low to mid 20s at this hour for overnight good icing.