• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

I am not going to post day 12 surface maps but the MJO into p7 supports the trough in the SE at the date I outlined yesterday.

Jan 25th or so.  But the GFS now has SLP at the BM, the key will be can this phase and the cold air win out. 

N branch was off by 18 hours. 

Just a time frame to watch. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PB-99 said:

I am not going to post day 12 surface maps but the MJO into p7 supports the trough in the SE at the date I outlined yesterday.

Jan 25th or so.  But the GFS now has SLP at the BM, the key will be can this phase and the cold air win out. 

N branch was off by 18 hours. 

Just a time frame to watch. 

I'm sorry, but with that setup and track that's a snowstorm. Then again I'm not losing sleep over a day 12 GFS surface reflection. At this far out juncture I'm just looking for a consistent signal with all the major models.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

I'm sorry, but with that setup and track that's a snowstorm. Then again I'm not losing sleep over a day 12 GFS surface reflection. At this far out juncture I'm just looking for a consistent signal with all the major models.

The EPS takes the ULL and digs it into the OHV , which would get us home. The GFS over amplifies the N branch ( which it likes to do ) and drives it through the lakes and that would pull the heights back.

And I agree being 12 day away that`s why I just left it loose for now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

like saturday's which is getting rainier with every run?

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

Yep. We are loosing the -epo look and are left with +pna and split flow look. The reshuffle around the 25th could hurt temps around here. 

next week looks cold and dry

So now the pattern isnt going to change ? What is it ?

Just now, rclab said:

Didn’t we have a recent memory cold season that had zero accumulation a but into March? As always....

I don't recall a winter like that.     Last year was close-but the biggest snow was in Nov, without that we would have gone close to snowless until the March events came...

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

That BAM posting was the misleading post of the century.  That’s the change in anomaly from the prior EPS run.  The actually anomaly shown by the EPS in that period is still entirely below normal in the east

Unreal. 

You don`t expect energy met`s in the private sector to that but when you claim winter is over 3 weeks ago, so I guess you better look for anything to help your story. 

3 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Next Wednesday is definitely a good pattern for a southeast snowstorm. That would be fitting lol. Euro is very close for the southeast 

bad snow years always have some misses to the south., the north, and a great storm to early or to late in the season...

• Like 1