• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

The next 8 days are averaging 40degs., or about 7degs. AN.       The next 16 days are a +3 or +4 on the GFS.

Current cold still looks better than what is coming, even two weeks out:

2020010600_054@007_E1_knyc_I_NAEFS@EPSGR

All models have a bit of Snow during next few days.       Positively scary. lol

33* here with snow on cartops.      38* by 11am.       T going up furiously   43* by Noon.      44* at 1pm.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Zelocita Weather said:

GFS well westand a nice little event, NAM west as well

It has less than half an inch of snow total: https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=neus&pkg=asnowd&runtime=2020010606&fh=84  And the NAM did not come west, this is bad info:  https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=namconus&region=neus&pkg=asnowd&runtime=2020010606&fh=84

3 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Nice dusting on everything. I hope this isn't the only all snow, no ice event of the season.

If you’re considering this an event then the answer is no it won’t be since we already had a couple other small events that were all snow, at least I did, the squalls on 12/18 come to mind right off the bat. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

If you’re considering this an event then the answer is no it won’t be since we already had a couple other small events that were all snow, at least I did, the squalls on 12/18 come to mind right off the bat. 

Sorta, I had a fair amount of pellets and graupel with that. Calling this an event was more sarcasm than reality ;) I barely have more than a coating but I'll call it a dusting because it sounds better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gravitylover said:

Sorta, I had a fair amount of pellets and graupel with that. Calling this an event was more sarcasm than reality ;) I barely have more than a coating but I'll call it a dusting because it sounds better.

.9 here this morning. I’m with y’all though, the higher events we’ve had so far involved mixing. 14.9” on the season here now. 

• Like 1