Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New Year Storm Thread 12/29-01/01

dryslot

38 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

No doubt big ice is disruptive to life. I just don’t fear it like I used to. Mainly because I’m well prepared for it nowadays. 

As a weenie, ice storms are fascinating, especially monster ones like 1998.  As a forester, there's no wx phenomenon more to be feared, unless Maine were to be hit by a cat 2 or stronger 'cane that maintains at least cat 1 until well inland.

Those clown maps posted above show nothing reaching my area by 00z Tuesday - what's 2/3 of zero?  (GFS has been showing a good hit, fwiw.)

1 minute ago, Dr. Dews said:

Perfect winter event on the table. lots of rain for the coast, hopefully zr and long duration power outijs for interior SNE. Cherry on top is hearing rain to Maine , just makes it that much more satisfying. The only hiccup is the sleet, which sucks. Hopefully the ml warming takes care of that

What's the deal with the cutter?  Are you CG or is that a reference to your storm hopes?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Anyone else annoyed by this event?

I actually kind of hate it right now.  

Lmao...it’s probably gonna be a flop(Rain) for most in SNE.  You and a few others In NE/NW SNE actually have probably one of the best chances currently of scoring a lot of frozen. The vast majority of us will probably just rain.

24 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

wow that’s headed for quite the protracted event in that NAM solution. 84 hrs the ice/sleet converts to a coastal just getting going

Models have slowed the development of the secondary the last several runs which allows the block and high to retreat.

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Models have slowed the development of the secondary the last several runs which allows the block and high to retreat.

That’s not what’s happening in that solution tho. No high retreat - in fact its stall is partial in why that secondary is getting pinned s of LI

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That’s not what’s happening in that solution tho. No high retreat - in fact it’s stall is partial in why that secondary is getting pinned s of LI

Hmm, Maybe on that Nam solution, But we have warmed here the last 4 cycles on the Euro with the slp tracks right along the coast and surface going above freezing as well as mid levels.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Hmm, Maybe on the Nam, But we have warmed here the last 4 cycles on the Euro with the slp tracking right along the coast when it was further east and surface going above freezing as well as mid levels.

Well yeah. Lol. Not withstanding the NAM. 

• Like 1