Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

9 hours ago, strongwxnc said:

So far the temps have been great this month. Worked outside the last two days taking down and putting up a horse fence. mid 40’s and cloudy. Works for me.

This game is all about the wait round here. Going into my like 20th winter season on these inter webs. All we have is time in the SE. emoji1634.png

It has been perfect temps for the most part. Great riding and training weather for the horses. Who am I kidding...great for me too :lol:

4 hours ago, griteater said:

12z CMC has a southern stream wave that tracks from central/southern California to Texas Dec 28-31, with snow and ice deep into TX and surface low in NW Gulf

That looks really nice as we head into the heart of winter 

33 minutes ago, rduwx said:

I don't post much anymore but do still keep up with model runs during winter and I agree 100%.  It doesn't always work out for us in the south so no guarantees but the players are on the field.  It's been a while...LOL!

OMG! I’ve missed your face :wub: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

It has been perfect temps for the most part. Great riding and training weather for the horses. Who am I kidding...great for me too :lol:

That looks really nice as we head into the heart of winter 

OMG! I’ve missed your face :wub: 

I've missed your face too! :wub:  I hope you and the family are doing well!  Now get us some snow! :D

2 hours ago, BullCityWx said:

We need you around man! 

I like the pattern that's showing up right now so you'll be seeing more of me!  I hope you're doing well man!

• Like 1

Euro weekly looks excellent for blocking all the way thru week 4! It’s just a matter of time before we score something. PAC isn’t great but as always will be out timing wave with cold high. Miller B’s more likely right now though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HKY1894 said:

Euro weekly looks excellent for blocking all the way thru week 4! It’s just a matter of time before we score something. PAC isn’t great but as always will be out timing wave with cold high. Miller B’s more likely right now though. 

I would think with a -NAO and -AO but +EPO we could be seeing some SuperCADs possible.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nick Esasky said:

Cold chasing moisture rarely pans out, but it makes for fun model watching 54 hours out.

The models are currently trending toward a bit more vigorous trough passage.  Keep that trend going, and you'll have flakes flying late on Christmas Eve and overnight in Atlanta / North GA / North Bama.  Here's the 12z Canadian which is currently the most energetic with the trough, closing it off over TN.  Temperatures really crash as it moves through.

3poRF12.gif

YG9SPQk.gif

• Like 1

Been a longtime since we have seen this kind of negative NAO in January.  Even though GFS wasn't great today, still feel like timeframe after New Year's has potential.
https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/pna/nao_index_mrf.shtml

Models going to have to play catch up to the oscillations, been awhile since they were this negative and have to adjust to it

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

January 3rd-7th has potential no matter what any models verbatim output is at this range. I’m super optimistic for whole month of January. This is not the same as last few winters. NAM state most favorable we’ve seen in a decade. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1