Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

5 hours ago, eyewall said:

On  both the GFS and Euro it is cold chasing the moisture with it primarily being a FROPA. That is the kiss of death for the NC Piedmont. It almost NEVER works out. The GFS tries to develop a surface low but it is barely there.

Yep.  I do remember a similar scenario occurring 2-3 years ago and I remember Brad P. saying the same thing...  then it ended up working out but it had to do more with another piece of energy interacting...

6 hours ago, wncsnow said:

That's a cold Christmas night.. May be the coldest in my lifetime 

sfct.us_ma (1).png

The coldest Christmas in my lifetime was 1983 in Eden, NC.  A cold front moved through on Christmas Eve that dropped the temperature from 34 degrees at midnight to 15 by noon; by sunset the temperature had fallen to +4. The low on Christmas morning was -4 and the high only reached 14 with bright sunshine.  

The coldest Christmas in my lifetime was 1983 in Eden, NC.  A cold front moved through on Christmas Eve that dropped the temperature from 34 degrees at midnight to 15 by noon; by sunset the temperature had fallen to +4. The low on Christmas morning was -4 and the high only reached 14 with bright sunshine.  

That is also PTI’s coldest Christmas on record. That was a very cold stretch. The 24th, 25th and 26th morning low records still stand. 5dc4b413486af29ea16c6a25882e8320.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

Am I so old that I'm the only one on here remembers Christmas 1983?

-25 degrees throughout WNC

I was 4 and recall looking outside and seeing that it was 3 degrees and and was wondering why is was not snowing... Somethings never change. 

My 1st grade packed his big coat a few weeks back when it was 29 degrees one morning. I asked him way after I got home from work. He said, that is was 29 and it should snow. He wanted to be prepared to play in it at school. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

I was 4 and recall looking outside and seeing that it was 3 degrees and and was wondering why is was not snowing... Somethings never change. 

I'm old enough to remember both of those Christmas's.

83 was by far the coldest one of my life and I'm 50 now.

I was 13 that year and u could spit and it freeze before it hit the ground.

In 89 it was heart breaking watching the coast have a blizzard while ppl 100 miles inland had clear skies.

Both very cold.

Great pattern we are in.

I totally believe this year we are going to have several area wide big snow storms.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Off topic a bit but...I live here in Dallas Georgia. I remember a few years back when we officially got 12 inches of snow and at the time my son was eight or 9 and I told him, remember this day, take pictures, enjoy it because, if you stay in this area for the rest of your life, you may never see anything like this again. Every since then he has complained about the lack of snow and I say to him ...I told you so.. LOL