Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

19 hours ago, Wow said:

I'm feeling better about this winter.  A change to La Nina will finally switch things up a bit and hopefully our long-departed -NAO will return this season.

Also, come this time next year I'll likely be a few mile further NE in Mt Ulla !  Watch out @NC_hailstorm

My wife and I are hoping to move to the foothills early next year. Anywhere from Morganton to Mt Airy.

19 hours ago, Wow said:

I'm feeling better about this winter.  A change to La Nina will finally switch things up a bit and hopefully our long-departed -NAO will return this season.

Also, come this time next year I'll likely be a few mile further NE in Mt Ulla !  Watch out @NC_hailstorm

We're moving to NW Durham County(edge of the city) and hoping that makes a difference for us. I still remember that event a few years ago where you had snow at your house, I had sleet in Davidson and it was just raining in Huntersville. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BullCityWx said:

We're moving to NW Durham County(edge of the city) and hoping that makes a difference for us. I still remember that event a few years ago where you had snow at your house, I had sleet in Davidson and it was just raining in Huntersville. 

The closer to Caswell/ Person county the better. It doesn't really seem  like it. But there is a 200-300 ft + difference in elevation between southern Durham County and Northern Person County  going towards Danville. That and alot less concrete and asphalt. 

Remember 85 is magical snow line 

Roxboro is at 715 feet.  Person County  in general is 600+

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wow said:

Also, come this time next year I'll likely be a few mile further NE in Mt Ulla !  Watch out @NC_hailstorm

Sure come on up get away from all the terrible Mooresville traffic.

Anyways,my two cents on winter.Good and Bad.

Good:

There's always a 3 to 4 year lag on low solar/sunspots so just coming into that,blocking

Ascending phase of the solar cycle,blocking

QBO-Bad now could be good soon very deceiving only a small patch of westerlies is at the equator with EQBO forecasted to push down to 30mb.Weakens PV.blocking.

BAD

ENSO- La Lina  Usually southeast ridging .west trough.

Gulf Stream-Tick better than last year but still not good.Looking for colder waters from Newfoundland/Nova Scotia/down to NC,Warm around Greenland..NAO is what you look at here.

About it .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NC_hailstorm said:

Anyways,my two cents on winter.Good and Bad.

Good:

There's always a 3 to 4 year lag on low solar/sunspots so just coming into that,blocking

Ascending phase of the solar cycle,blocking

QBO-Bad now could be good soon very deceiving only a small patch of westerlies is at the equator with EQBO forecasted to push down to 30mb.Weakens PV.blocking.

BAD

ENSO- La Lina  Usually southeast ridging .west trough.

Gulf Stream-Tick better than last year but still not good.Looking for colder waters from Newfoundland/Nova Scotia/down to NC,Warm around Greenland..NAO is what you look at here.

About it .

Got a question. Mike ventrice tweeted the +qbo is downwelling into the 100mb level. Any idea what that really means?

12 minutes ago, FLweather said:

Honestly you cant say for sure.  Neither can I.

Its 2020 after all.

Jan 25 2000 redux maybe in store. 20 years later.

I'm torn between laughing at you and giving you a weenie. 

Anything before thanksgiving gets a laugh.  After that weenies are in order.

Lets get this southern jet fired up asap.  I'm liking my chances already!  (Laughter is appropriate here)

1 hour ago, FLweather said:

Honestly you cant say for sure.  Neither can I.

Its 2020 after all.

Jan 25 2000 redux maybe in store. 20 years later.

I'm torn between laughing at you and giving you a weenie. 

Would be great to see that hopefully we can get in the snow this year !