Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

7 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Those who don't hit 90 today should be safe at least through the first week of June. More rain but no real heat showing.

I’d take 100 degree temps for the next 3 months if it meant I could piece together more than 18 hours without rain in western North Carolina. 

51 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

I’d take 100 degree temps for the next 3 months if it meant I could piece together more than 18 hours without rain in western North Carolina. 

:lol:

I'd wager that's only because you have no idea what 100 degree weather feels like! In all honesty, 100 is very rare for me too, I haven't seen it since 2012. I think my highest temp since then is 97 or maybe 98, but anything over 90 is torture for me. If I never saw a temp over 75 again I'd be in hog heaven! I understand about the rain though, I'm completely sick of it too. I wouldn't take 100s but I'm sick of it. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, griteater said:

On Monday June 1, GFS MOS has highs in the 70’s with dewpoints in the 40’s across the region under sunny skies.  I’d say we’ve earned such a day given the weather in recent weeks 

I saw that! Heck Monday-Wednesday show dews in the mid 50s for the Charleston area which will be welcome relief. Right now I've got a dew of 75 at my house :o

• Like 2

On 5/28/2020 at 9:46 AM, griteater said:

On Monday June 1, GFS MOS has highs in the 70’s with dewpoints in the 40’s across the region under sunny skies.  I’d say we’ve earned such a day given the weather in recent weeks 

Nice reprieve but most of the area will be 90+ from June 3-5. 

Looks like a pretty good SE soaking over the next 10 days, with SC bearing the brunt, according to the GFS, where several inches are possible over central and eastern sections.  Euro is very wet also.  Anytime we can get away with 70s and 80s and clouds and rain in summer, I'll take it!

• Like 4