• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

Cold press/ New England  vortex seems too strong on the modeling right now for much amplification of anything dropping in on the back side. The good thing is the vortex will undoubtedly trend weaker and less pressing as we got closer; which will hopefully allow room for something to develop behind it. It's definitely a good look at this range.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ragtop50 said:

1960, 1980, 2000...

Continue that trend....we are due !

Not all were March but big snows those years

My mom & late G'Ma talked a lot about that March with 3 consecutive snows on Wednesday.

I remember the one in 80 and also a few in the early 80's.

80, 82, & 83 had huge snow storms.

The one in 83 was late March our fruit trees had fruit on them and we had between 8-10 inches of snow that killed the fruit and damaged the trees badly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Billypg70 said:

My mom & late G'Ma talked a lot about that March with 3 consecutive snows on Wednesday.

I remember the one in 80 and also a few in the early 80's.

80, 82, & 83 had huge snow storms.

The one in 83 was late March our fruit trees had fruit on them and we had between 8-10 inches of snow that killed the fruit and damaged the trees badly.

Yep. I was a senior in high school in Easley S.C. in 83. Front came through on Wednesday and brought flurries after a warm week.  Thursday was gray and cold with a strong NE wind.  We had baseball practice in 42 degree windy weather that day. Try hitting a baseball with an aluminum bat in that weather.  Friday morning the snow hit.  10” of wet snow. Some of the biggest flakes I’ve ever seen.  Was an El Niño winter.  Except that big snow it really wasn’t a snowy winter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Upstate Tiger said:

Yep. I was a senior in high school in Easley S.C. in 83. Front came through on Wednesday and brought flurries after a warm week.  Thursday was gray and cold with a strong NE wind.  We had baseball practice in 42 degree windy weather that day. Try hitting a baseball with an aluminum bat in that weather.  Friday morning the snow hit.  10” of wet snow. Some of the biggest flakes I’ve ever seen.  Was an El Niño winter.  Except that big snow it really wasn’t a snowy winter. 

Yes their were trees with leaves out already.

And their was massive damage to trees and powerlines because it was a heavy wet snow.

Literally stuck to the side of our house and just about everything else.

1 hour ago, Tacoma said:

Wow, mighty quite in here, is there nothing on the horizon?  I keep hearing about next Thursday the 27 and March 4.  ❄️❄️:snowwindow:

Meh another rain maker then more cold. Weak disturbance 29th-1st that has possibilities. Looks like some decent upslope for the mountain folks coming up. Long range def has some cold air shots though. Was hoping to see another before I hit the road in March for work. But will see some snow on the banks of Lake Ontario for sure!