• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

850mb level Gulf Swirl (think it is a HP since it barbs are clockwise), doesn't extend down to the surface, but I wonder if that will have an impact... 12z and 18z also showed it and was stationary through all 3 runs, but is it something to watch?56783d2299368787aeb9a4f41ffd8c81.jpg&key=4530a3fb50b52a7b2e911189c540ec8b8a51a335b86d016d09d4505b78806d7a

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

That image almost looks like a traditional CAD signal. Has anything changed with the HP up north that could cause that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just now, StoneColdWeatherAustin said:

That image almost looks like a traditional CAD signal. Has anything changed with the HP up north that could cause that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just pulled soundings for my area in N GA and had an east wind at the surface. Also a typical CAD/Wedge signal. 

2 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Hopefully this isn't a fluke run and the CMC is on to something... really would love to see the EURO and UKMET jump on board... hard to go against the EURO , although its been far from perfect...

CMC dropped a significant wave from the northern stream down, tracking from the Great Lakes into E NC....an unlikely scenario, but who the heck knows 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, HWY316wx said:

00z NAM 32k vs. the 00Z GFS

If these were babies, they would be twins.  

nam_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_14.png

Go look at the 500h vort images to see where the true difference between the two lies. They seem all too similar at the surface, but the mechanisms behind the madness are far from the same

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ji said:
6 minutes ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:
ECMWF trended toward the CMC, but not as cold. Looks like the low is closer to the coast. Temps are an issue, as always. Good overall trends, just need a little more cold air.

Good luck with that.

Lol Ji why you up in here trolling the main disco? Get back to tracking patterns in the MA forum :scooter:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1