• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

I would like the onset time to push further towards Thursday morning ideally to allow for some diurnal cooling as well as more time for CAA from the cold front that just passed. Starting around 10 pm Wed night, as others have mentioned, could result in wasting some snow on cooling the boundary. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

If you average out the models it looks to me like snow would start in the upstate sometime around daybreak Thursday morning.

Yeah you're right. I was reacting purely to the GFS, which looks a little quick. And that's probably my favorite start time, IF it can come in heavy enough and lock in those morning low temps. 

8 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Yep, EURO is a swing and a miss. Luckily it's on an island with that scenario.  CMC/ukmet/GFS/JMA are in agreement against what the Euro is showing for now.

Which oddly was what what the euro was showing first. Very odd to see everything trend to the euro then the euro drop it.

Ninja'd ^^^^

16 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Yep, EURO is a swing and a miss. Luckily it's on an island with that scenario.  CMC/ukmet/GFS/JMA are in agreement against what the Euro is showing for now.

Hello! Mid-Atlantic dweller here...Now I'd caution against thinking the euro being on an island is a good thing. Last Friday it was on it's own showing a cutter a cutter up here...until all the other guidance caved to it the very next day, lol Not to say it definitely happens the same way, but...just something to consider!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Hello! Mid-Atlantic dweller here...Now I'd caution against thinking the euro being on an island is a good thing. Last Friday it was on it's own showing a cutter a cutter up here...until all the other guidance caved to it the very next day, lol Not to say it definitely happens the same way, but...just something to consider!

Definitely has me concerned. It's 5 day verification scores are incredible right now and we get to around 5 days out tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

How much did you get on 2-8? And how is suppression not good 5-6 days out? It’s 

If this was an actual surface based LP storm in the gulf then I'd say suppression is a good thing because that's when we get our NW trends. But this is really just a thermal gradient pattern relying on SW flow to deliver moisture. Differences in the handling of the vort are what's causing the suppressed look. 

• Like 2