Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

3 hours ago, WeatherHawk said:

That system next Friday, 2/21 looks interesting and talked to an older man up here and he said that this winter reminded him of 1993...but I don't have the resources to 'fact-check' that...but I do remember March 1993...would welcome any resources to check that claim...

0z has a nice little storm for the NC Coast.

gfs_asnow_seus_40.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, eyewall said:

Apparently NWS Raleigh is now on board with RDU getting blanked for the season according to NPR.

There is nothing....and I mean nothing....that would indicate a pattern shift before March 1.  And the odds for RDU / Central Piedmont drop significantly at that point.  So its likely a safe bet. 

Outside of a freak tango of overnight cold and pop-up LP system,  there really arent any ducks on the long range pond.  We cant even get a chunk of the polar vortex to break off and make national news.  

4 hours ago, kvegas-wx said:

There is nothing....and I mean nothing....that would indicate a pattern shift before March 1.  And the odds for RDU / Central Piedmont drop significantly at that point.  So its likely a safe bet. 

Outside of a freak tango of overnight cold and pop-up LP system,  there really arent any ducks on the long range pond.  We cant even get a chunk of the polar vortex to break off and make national news.  

Yeah it is going to take a lot of time for the sting to wear off. The prospect of the summer ahead doesn't help.

35 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

Meanwhile on the GEFS... NADA214a2e81d1c8c2623068827e648d819a.jpg

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

If I recall correctly they didnt show any of the weekend snow either until shortly before.

We have a long ways to go but hopefully it works out. Have to believe this will be most folks last chance.

1 minute ago, frazdaddy said:

Probably better that the GFS is not showing it yet.

Considering how rare it is for the gfs to even be close to right on anything at this range, much less snow chances this is probably true. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Lookout said:

If I recall correctly they didnt show any of the weekend snow either until shortly before.

We have a long ways to go but hopefully it works out. Have to believe this will be most folks last chance.

Considering how rare it is for the gfs to even be close to right on anything at this range, much less snow chances this is probably true. 

exactly where I was going.