Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

18 minutes ago, Weatherzim said:

How is it snowing and its dang near 40.....we we talk about snow we always say 32/33 max

Go with wet bulb temperatures.  You need wet bulb temperatures through the atmosphere to be close to freezing or lower  

I've seen snow at temperatures as warm as 43, and sleet as warm as 50.

2 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Yes, even staring down a week of 70s, he’s hyping the big cool down and stormy next weekend, even though models have backed waay off the last few days

Let's not let trivial things like facts and model agreement get in the way of a good time now.

2 hours ago, WarmNose said:

This was yesterday..you could tell he wanted to cry 0308AF25-0522-4464-9AE2-7D96E07997A3.thumb.jpeg.bcf99ccfd5e97694b684c02681098686.jpeg

His twitter handle should be @bigjoebustus .  Honestly feel bad for the guy but, he brings it on himself

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Tigerchick224 said:

Greenville Co, where I teach, is “monitoring forecasts and roads.” No early dismissal yet. I hope this won’t bite us in the butt, even if road temps are above freezing. I heard Oconee is dismissing early.

Pickens dismissing at 11:15. Not sure why, roads just wet, still above freezing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Glad to hear you're seeing some! What are you doing in Ft Inn? 

I just moved here a couple weeks ago. I’m close enough for a day trip to the beach or the higher mountains or to see the grandkids :wub:  I have a whole new bucket list of photography to check off :lol:

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 11:13 AM, HKY_WX said:

Saturday STJ wave is the most interesting looking one I've seen this year so far (that's not saying much). The 12z NAM at 84 hours has this system much more cutoff over the southwest. The thicknesses are supportive of snow/rain. Only issue could be the boundary layer conditions being too warm.If we could trend this a bit strong aloft/more cutoff, it would manufacture some cold air. Something to watch.

This worked out. Pattern recognition for the win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I just moved here a couple weeks ago. I’m close enough for a day trip to the beach or the higher mountains or to see the grandkids :wub:  I have a whole new bucket list of photography to check off :lol:

Oh wow, had no idea. Welcome to the upstate! Now you'll have had a taste of all 3 regions of SC.