Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

2 hours ago, eyewall said:

It is time to face the fact that it is going to be a long wait before many of us see snow. Probably next year after a hellish summer with extra bugs.

That is exactly what I am thinking. My area will be lucky to see low's in the 20's again. This is looking like it may be the first winter in some time that I don't see temps fall below 25 much less 20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, griteater said:

AO has been brutal since Jan 1.  AO forecast is high and trending UP 

6YV0Rt7.png

BkruDBi.jpg

If it EVER is forecasted positive, believe it. If it's supposed to go negative, add 2 months to when the transition is forecast. Seriously we suck at cold and snow. But we're in the South. Still, we suck more than we usually suck. I see no hint of a change. Just transitive cool shots separated by warmups and rain. No blocking. No artic air. Just continental flow with and active southern stream. 

3 hours ago, eyewall said:

It is time to face the fact that it is going to be a long wait before many of us see snow. Probably next year after a hellish summer with extra bugs.

I think this board has been facing this fact since Christmas. Only blind hope has kept many on here through this hellish winter. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snownado said:

When people say we get our best snows in March i think they are full of BS. Whens the last time there was a widespread March snow from Birmingham to Raleigh ? 

Our last one was in 09’ I think..seems like a lifetime ago. We spend the bulk of our March days in the upper 70’s now :sizzle:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Snownado said:

When people say we get our best snows in March i think they are full of BS. Whens the last time there was a widespread March snow from Birmingham to Raleigh ? 

Widespread snow from Birmingham to Raleigh is quite rare for any month, but the March 1983 storm fits the general narrative

dBCI6sM.png

uupUTCv.gif

czhGdSQ.jpg

3lbMeqY.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Grayman said:

Everybody report to the cliff . I jumped a week ago. Can’t believe how GFS shows monster storms and next run gone. Warm is right. Global warming. NC is new GA, SC is Florida . Cancel 

And Arizona is the new Alaska.  Trough is in the west, it happens some years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I feel bad for the younger posters.  I was born in the 60’s and I would say from about 62 to 88 winters like 09/10 were the rule not the exception. In fact I remember snow on the ground in the upstate most of January in 77,78, 79, 82, 87, 88 and 80 and 83 were epic late season.  We also had at least one single digit cold outbreak each winter.  The last comparable winters to that were 09/10 and 10/11 in terms of multiple events. I guess 13 and 14 had a few events also.  Sure miss the parade of Miller A’s each winter. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

14 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

I remember the good ole days, like November, even Brad P going with above normal snowfall for the winter! :maprain:

Here we are, February is toast, unless you live in Seattle!:lightning:

Cue the “ we get our best snows in March” hanger oners! :thumbsdown:

Speaking of hype artists.....  has Justus been hyping up 10 day storms and a snowy February apocalypse up that way?  It would seriously be totally on brand for that guy.

13 minutes ago, gearhead302 said:

Speaking of hype artists.....  has Justus been hyping up 10 day storms and a snowy February apocalypse up that way?  It would seriously be totally on brand for that guy.

Yes, even staring down a week of 70s, he’s hyping the big cool down and stormy next weekend, even though models have backed waay off the last few days

• Haha 1