Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

8 hours ago, YetAnotherRDUGuy said:

All of these are impressive in their own way. But aren't these outliers?

Instead of specifying 1 cold week in one state in the SE, or mentioning 2 events in one city in that state in the SE, couldn't we come up with a better measure? Maybe we could compare Asheville's avg snowfall between 2010-2019 and compare to it's historical avg? Or maybe instead of focusing on that crazy cold week that was referenced in NC 2 years ago, we could compare it to the overall avg winter temperature that year, which if I recall correctly, was one big torch?

My comment was a direct response to the statement, "it never gets cold anymore". Which is obviously false.

4 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

My comment was a direct response to the statement, "it never gets cold anymore". Which is obviously false.

That's not what I said. I thought it was pretty obvious my post was a bit tongue in cheek (just a bit skeptical about the possibilities going forward, especially through the lens of significant warmth in recent years), but maybe it wasn't.  But it doesn't matter. Let's all let it go and stay on topic of mid to long range. 

:)

• Like 1

Still in the 50's thru 240 and no obvious pattern change in sight.  I'm talking polar vortex lobe breaking off and crashing into florida and killing the orange crops kinda pattern change.  Thats pretty much what its gonna take right now.  So I'll leave this here and spend the rest of winter in the sanitarium.  

Stick a fork in this winter cuz its well past done.  

Time to spread the pre-emergent.

• Thanks 2
  • Weenie 3

1 hour ago, kvegas-wx said:

Still in the 50's thru 240 and no obvious pattern change in sight.  I'm talking polar vortex lobe breaking off and crashing into florida and killing the orange crops kinda pattern change.  Thats pretty much what its gonna take right now.  So I'll leave this here and spend the rest of winter in the sanitarium.  

Stick a fork in this winter cuz its well past done.  

Time to spread the pre-emergent.

Look at the 18z GFS hour 348. You'll see what you're looking for!