• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

Saturday STJ wave is the most interesting looking one I've seen this year so far (that's not saying much). The 12z NAM at 84 hours has this system much more cutoff over the southwest. The thicknesses are supportive of snow/rain. Only issue could be the boundary layer conditions being too warm.If we could trend this a bit strong aloft/more cutoff, it would manufacture some cold air. Something to watch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

Saturday STJ wave is the most interesting looking one I've seen this year so far (that's not saying much). The 12z NAM at 84 hours has this system much more cutoff over the southwest. The thicknesses are supportive of snow/rain. Only issue could be the boundary layer conditions being too warm.If we could trend this a bit strong aloft/more cutoff, it would manufacture some cold air. Something to watch.

:D:snowing: I hope!

41 minutes ago, UpstateSCGamecock said:

We know the faults of the GFS but it’s shown this storm signal for this date multiple times. Can we finally score?

1 hour ago, JoshM said:

At least this fantasy storm is at hour 240 :weenie:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_40.png

well here we go with the 10 days out thing again. why couldn't this be showing for this Friday and Saturday? :axe:

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

Verbatim, temps are in the mid 20s over the upstate and CLT, while we are getting plastered with snow!

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

Verbatim, temps are in the mid 20s over the upstate and CLT, while we are getting plastered with snow!

what date are you referring to ?