• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

Nothing to bang the drums about, but as a few others have mentioned, watching a few opportunities for some wintry mischief next week. 

The first period to keep an eye on is a quick moving disturbance Tuesday, that could at the very least spark off a few snow showers. The vort is really not that far off from something a bit bigger, but would need to drift a little more west as it digs Monday night. 

The second, more fun disturbance to watch could be the one towards the end of the week into the weekend.

Again, nothing to shout from the rooftops yet, but hey it's a few things we have to watch in the coming days imo! 

GFSSE_500_avort_147.png

GFSSE_prec_ptype_150.png

GFSSE_500_avort_249.png

GFSSE_prec_ptype_240.png

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

Out to hr60, the initial low over the plains is a little further west than at the same stamp (hr66 on the 6z run)

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

It’s got rain up to about DCA , for Saturday. Remember that one time it had snow and sleet down to RAH and CLT!??

3 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Back to bleak mood on here... Cold air coming and storm systems riding the southern stream. I'd be concerned if models WERE showing snow, the kiss of death in these parts. We have the #1 ingredient coming: cold air, at least seasonable or below. I'll take our chances with a storm in the next 10 days.

Really true! I guess most, me included, just want to see a fantasy blizzard on the models! But, cold is absolutely the most important ingredient for us to get wintry weather, that ‘appears’ to be coming and as active as the southern stream has been...

8 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Really true! I guess most, me included, just want to see a fantasy blizzard on the models! But, cold is absolutely the most important ingredient for us to get wintry weather, that ‘appears’ to be coming and as active as the southern stream has been...

We rain on the 24th on GFS, maybe the ground will still be frozen!?:facepalm:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The rain on Saturday looks to have pushed back to Saturday night. Also went from over and inch on the GFS a couple days ago to nothing today. NWS sounded somewhat bullish on a large area of rain in this morning AFD. Will be interesting to see if they change course at this afternoon's update. Might actually get a dry weekend!

• Like 1

Just now, Queencitywx said:

and you can sit here and make shit up but it's clear that the euro modifies before a secondary cold shot comes in later in the run. 

I'm not making anything up, I reinforced my point with maps like you did with a graph. The key is if modifies in time to rain and the western ridge is continually getting beat down. The pattern we are entering does not look like a good one for snow but we can always hope 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I'm not making anything up, I reinforced my point with maps like you did with a graph. The key is if modifies in time to rain and the western ridge is continually getting beat down. The pattern we are entering does not look like a good one for snow but we can always hope 

The truth hurts, :facepalm:

Just now, wncsnow said:

Yea, the cold comes back maybe by hour 360. What could go wrong?

That’s 4.5 days after the map you posted. So yes, that’s pretty quick rebuilding of the cold. 

But we will see....