Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

9 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

Lots of areas got nailed with WAA due to the low making landfall in Charleston and hightailing it up through Eastern NC... Here is the clown map03b55bc09dff6de1e845b2a8123ff715.jpgc5a4c046c116a44890b291fe275e66b6.jpg

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

So let me get this straight. The low is off the coast and moves back over land in Charleston and moves due noth from there? 

1 minute ago, Queencitywx said:

The canadian is very cold late in it's run which matches up well with the GEFS and EPS. There's always a chance it could be too cold but I'd rather chance that than anything else. 

Yup...so much potential coming up. Starting about a week earlier than I anticipated which is a bonus. Think we could be in for great stretch late Jan through most of Feb

3 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

Yup...so much potential coming up. Starting about a week earlier than I anticipated which is a bonus. Think we could be in for great stretch late Jan through most of Feb

I feel pretty confident in that, too. Latest temp fxcast from the GEFS(almost 11 day freeze streak thrown in for good measure): 

gfs-ensemble-all-KIGX-daily_tmin_tmax-8830400.png

• Like 1

Nobody really thought all that moisture was going to hang around once it got cold did they? That's not how this works. Colder drier air holds less moisture. Give me a 0.5 to 0.75 inches of liquid and cold and call it a day. Theres a reason 1-2 foot snows are so rare down here. A 6 inch storm is great down here.