• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

High temperature today in Charleston, WV was 80.  Record high was previously 71.  Normal high for the day is 42.

Here's the temperature anomaly map for January to date + the GFS 7 day forecast 

T9T5JpO.png

Pattern thus far since Dec 1 has been about as bad as it can be for wintry prospects.  The blues (negative anomalies) are in all the wrong places.

MME2Sc2.png

• Sad 1

Some of you judge a model run based on storms that are ten plus days out. It’s absolutely inane. You would’ve been laughed at and then summarily banned from places like WWBB and probably Eastern. If you give a crap about a snowfall mean 12 days out, you are almost beyond worth salvaging as a contributor here. 

meanwhile, 18z GEFS says it’s going to get cold. 

7E789410-722B-4E07-9801-ECEC6C5E8911.png

• Thanks 1

I'm just hoping the OP comes around at some point. I feel like we are losing the cold in the long run. Maybe the 00Z bouces our way.
We are not losing the cold, just the fantasy storms that never were gonna happen. I said this the other day: we need the pattern shift FIRST, THEN we need everything else

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2

Man, you know the pattern is bad when you have to worry about insolation overhead at night. Fromthe RAH AFD (Long Range).

Above normal temperatures will continue through much of the period,
especially during the overnight hours thanks to plentiful insolation
remaining overhead.

Man, you know the pattern is bad when you have to worry about insolation overhead at night. Fromthe RAH AFD (Long Range).

Above normal temperatures will continue through much of the period,especially during the overnight hours thanks to plentiful insolationremaining overhead.

AFD ends before the pattern shift happens

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk