Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

The 17th-18th period looks interesting at least. Some cold air and southern energy playing around. At this stage, I'd say suppression is a good thing. With al the doom and gloom (me included) this is at least something to look at. 

Yep, 12z is definitely interesting! The first system around the 16th is our best look at 9-10 days out in awhile! Something lurking around TX/LA and 1050 high sliding East in tandem! Yes it’s along way out and it’s the GFS, but with next weeks heatwave, atleast it’s something to watch 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Yep, 12z is definitely interesting! The first system around the 16th is our best look at 9-10 days out in awhile! Something lurking around TX/LA and 1050 high sliding East in tandem! Yes it’s along way out and it’s the GFS, but with next weeks heatwave, atleast it’s something to watch 

Ducks on the pond! You know how well we do with highs sliding in tandem with no 50/50 low and no blocking.. should be money though

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Yeah, the EPS is looking pretty good out in la la land.  Gotta look good out there before it gets in here, I guess.  Hopefully, we will see several runs back to back with that look and have it actually progress in closer this time.

I Guess we will never learn...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Yeah, the EPS is looking pretty good out in la la land.  Gotta look good out there before it gets in here, I guess.  Hopefully, we will see several runs back to back with that look and have it actually progress in closer this time.

It’s always darkest before the dawn

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

It's been showing this for a few days. Canadian ensembles are in agreement. Hopefully they have the correct idea to lead us away from the central Pacific death ridge. 

• Like 1

Well, while I know a lot of you would prefer cold and dry over rain/warmth. I for one, am thankful for the rain. It keeps those wildfires at bay and it also helps us going into Spring. We were in a pretty bad drought a few months ago and that has pretty much been erased. 

4 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

Hey CR, can you lower the snow shields and raise the SE Ridge shields for a change?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Extreme NEGA said:

That was an interesting run at the end:

snod.us_ma.png

I was just about to make a funny post saying not to look at the 384 hour GFS if you didn't want to see another I40/85 N special but too late.

One odd thing though C.A.P.E posted a map of the same model run at the same 384 hour time stamp but it was from WeatherBell.  It had a much less of the good stuff south of 40/85.  Wonder what the difference is.

image.png.a90b4438fa798f356730ac5ad275bbfa.png

12 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I was just about to make a funny post saying not to look at the 384 hour GFS if you didn't want to see another I40/85 N special but too late.

One odd thing though C.A.P.E posted a map of the same model run at the same 384 hour time stamp but it was from WeatherBell.  It had a much less of the good stuff south of 40/85.  Wonder what the difference is.

Go with weatherbell 

1 hour ago, cbmclean said:

Not sure but the one on TT definitely factored in a lot of mixed precip as snow for the I-85 corridor south. The weatherbell one being more believable lol. Not going to lie, it just feels good seeing something, anything on the models even in LALA land smh

7 hours ago, cbmclean said:

Wasn't there a guy here who lived in that far south corner.  That map must make him physically ill.

That's me.  I'm used to it by now...   There are a couple more of us on here, too.  My friend in northern Wake always texts me pics of his snow and I send him back pics of my rain.