Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Panic Room

NorEastermass128

20 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I guess people like to make snow angels in it.

I would also say some people just like to make a living off it (snow plow drivers), and small businesses that need the income to supplement the seasonal industry facing the everyday struggle that might cause closure and failure through things unrelated to weather that will not be mentioned here, and not enough customers requiring equipment for winter activities and tools alike; the season might end up so slow that more workers lose their jobs.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Judah is drunk if he thinks GEFS show a warm pattern in the NH

download (27).png

I keep hearing from 3rd party sources that the European models have recently trended into a blow torch pattern for much of the East Coast throughout February which is in agreement with the CanSIPS.  Since I do not have access to the Euro long term predictions by monthly I will leave that to others to verify whether true or not.

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Amazing echoes of last winter. Another dud December/Jan, same fake out by the modeling for an epic pattern in the back half of January. Modoki goes in the fraud five if this season winds up where '19 did.

I can't believe I had more snow by this time in 11/12.

One positive. If this winter follows last we will have another 11.5 inches in March:D

It is amazing how things can break positive or negative.  In the first half of the 2010's, no matter how good or bad the overall look was, it always felt like things always seemed to break for the better.  The second half of the 2010's, just the opposite and I'm talking in my backyard.  Even though the winter of 2011-12 was overall horrible, that little snowstorm at the end of October surely made the entire winter season memorable.

All I can do is hope for something more substantial to come along as this is our second winter in New Hartford at 1,000 feet and we haven't really much snow since we got here.

It still looks to me like the pattern is repeating, almost verbatim from Fall at a 3.5 month lag. The very very cold air dumping into Montana lately is consistent with what happened about 10/1. In other words...the mid-Oct to mid-Nov part of the pattern is likely coming in February. The January SOI hanging out around 0, were it to continue, supports something like a 1937/1993/2005 blend for February 2020, which is fairly similar to how mid-Oct to mid-Nov looked, but colder West.

Real question is: When will Philadelphia have its first inch of snow?

11 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

one of the best

Oh for sure. 3.5 for the whole season total in NYC. And 100% of that came from one single "storm" in January. Every other month was Trace.

Every month from Dec to Mar had temperatures in the 60s and 70s. Depature was +5 to +8 from Dec to Mar.

Doesn'g get much better than that! Apparently Snow88 forgot all about it.

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Oh for sure. 3.5 for the whole season total in NYC. And 100% of that came from one single "storm" in January. Every other month was Trace.

Every month from Dec to Mar had temperatures in the 60s and 70s. Depature was +5 to +8 from Dec to Mar.

Doesn'g get much better than that! Apparently Snow88 forgot all about it.

01-02 winter and 11-12 summer:wub: