• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Late Dec 2019/Jan 2020

MAG5035

Did the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactor disaster turn the Pacific jet into a godzilla-like atmospheric feature? Have I asked that before? Like, I feel like that is something I've asked before, but that shitshow went down in 2011? That's awfully coincidental to the relative suck the Eastern half of the US has experienced since around that time :lol:

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

That screams cold and dry...end of February blizzard as the pattern relaxes? 

I have a feeling that 75% of east coast weenies are dying a slow death of depression and giving up on this winter. Would not surprise me at all if we get shellacked as the season winds down...

It was one of the more cold looks I have seen in a while but we are going to need something like that to get Feb BN after the first 5-6 days end up average 30-40 AN. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Do you see any chance with the southern stream staying beneath us in the 2/7 - 2/8 time frame? 

You are talking a week out...so a lot can change.  If I have to answer this right now, I would say no.  I don't believe we will have a clean track.  Too many things going against it.  Give it two or three days and maybe we have a totally different set up. I will be on the Tug Hill next week and even there looks iffy. 

5 minutes ago, daxx said:

You are talking a week out...so a lot can change.  If I have to answer this right now, I would say no.  I don't believe we will have a clean track.  Too many things going against it.  Give it two or three days and maybe we have a totally different set up. I will be on the Tug Hill next week and even there looks iffy. 

That's what I'm seeing as well.

Any LE next week for you with the cold front? 

16 minutes ago, daxx said:

Lol!  I've been going up there for fifteen years.  Nothing fake about it at all. Yea... It settles but ours melts. 

I have always fallen on the fake side of it because I based my thought on precip being formed through interaction of pressures and rising air  vs. cold air blowing over a warm lake and it dropping off the after effect on the other side.   I consider LEK a phenomenon vs. an actual precipitation event though I fully understand both sides of the argument.   

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have always fallen on the fake side of it because I based my thought on precip being formed through interaction of pressures and rising air  vs. cold air blowing over a warm lake and it dropping off the after effect on the other side.   I consider LEK a phenomenon vs. an actual precipitation event though I fully understand both sides of the argument.   

Right now beggars can't be choosy...if I had the opportunity I'd be hitching a ride in Brian's trunk and enjoying every last little bit of "fake" snow I could. 

Right now beggars can't be choosy...if I had the opportunity I'd be hitching a ride in Brian's trunk and enjoying every last little bit of "fake" snow I could. 

LOL, no doubt.  But the fake snow discussion has always been a fun one for me as it has come and gone on here (and other boards)  for decades now so I always jump at a chance to speak to it.  LOL

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It might be fake but it sure looks and feels the same.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Is that someone posting in the MA?  I had not noticed him. 

I'm stunned that you haven't seen the ongoing conversation between him and Hoffman. For it seems like weeks they've been debating snowfall averages, means, medians, bad winters, really bad winters, really really bad winters, etc. And Hoffman patiently keeps on engaging him. (most of this has been occurring in their banter thread) 

I'm stunned that you haven't seen the ongoing conversation between him and Hoffman. For it seems like weeks they've been debating snowfall averages, means, medians, bad winters, really bad winters, really really bad winters, etc. And Hoffman patiently keeps on engaging him. (most of this has been occurring in their banter thread) 

I only poke into Banter once in a while.  Maybe I saw it but a lot of stuff in banter is just people trying to engage others into posts that lead to fights so I sometimes shut it out. 

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And CTP stated on Twitter this morning that today's low temp will be the coldest for at least the next 7 days. 

Funny...the Euro muted Sun, Tue and Wed to only 50's with possibly some upper 40's  but now suggests 70's is a real possibility in the southern part of the LSV on Monday.  

57 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Dude that guy isn’t right lol...sauss and I were in a thread on political side and he like posts every issue about his personal life in there haha.