Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Late Dec 2019/Jan 2020

MAG5035

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, that was a classic!

It was 1 Euro run a couple of days before the storm that gave us “only” 10- 15 inches of snow instead of 2 feet plus, & he cancelled the storm! 

Those NAM runs were epic! I remember saying to people that I’d never seen amounts like that show up on a weather model for my backyard on the day of a storm, & then it verifi

That storm probably made a lot of people on here heroes if they trusted the nam.  To this day I have two people who talk about how I was the only one who knew 30" was coming.  I thought that storm may have also began the reign of cashtown as the snow capital but may be thinking of another one.

On 1/22/2020 at 1:35 PM, Bubbler86 said:

And the changes cannot be blamed on weather stations being in different locations.  Many people argue that with global warming the areas affected will get colder first, due to the melt off of ice caps, before the eventual warm up and change.  Maybe the 60's were the beginning...

I've been thinking about this post since you posted it. I wish Zack Labe (Blizzard92) was on here more. I feel like this is something he would be able to touch on, as I *believe* he has become something of a climate scientist, if my memory serves me right.

20 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Henry Margusity punted until late February this morning. Henry Margusity or not, a meteorologist punting until late February is basically bolting a coffin shut. 

If that dude actually punted we might as well quit on snow until about 2025. That guy has a little bit of JB in his genes...

2 hours ago, canderson said:

We are busy inflating life rafts. 

I've changed my mind. I value my life. Unfortunately, you've bought up all the air, and now I can't inflate my own raft, which is odd because I thought you commies were all about sharing the air. I guess only your select group get the air. I'll just have to accept being relegated to sand bags. 

May I have some sand, your Excellency?

Just now, Atomixwx said:

I've changed my mind. I value my life. Unfortunately, you've bought up all the air, and now I can't inflate my own raft, which is odd because I thought you commies were all about sharing the air. I guess only your select group get the air. I'll just have to accept being relegated to sand bags. 

May I have some sand, your Excellency?

You'll need to go stand in line at the quarry with the other serfs. 

• Haha 1

Just now, canderson said:

You'll need to go stand in line at the quarry with the other serfs. 

But the quarry is far. Like, between Palmyra and Granville far. And my 1982 Yugo is finally dead. Please, my girlfriend, she's type 9 diabetic, quadriplegic, has stage six autism, and has debilitating psoriatic arthritis. She also weighs four thousand pounds. I'd float on her, but I fear she would sail us to Portugal. Please. Just some sand. Just a speck.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

But the quarry is far. Like, between Palmyra and Granville far. And my 1982 Yugo is finally dead. Please, my girlfriend, she's type 9 diabetic, quadriplegic, has stage six autism, and has debilitating psoriatic arthritis. She also weighs four thousand pounds. I'd float on her, but I fear she would sail us to Portugal. Please. Just some sand. Just a speck.

... she sounds hideous. 

Sorry, back to weather.

I will say this week has been nice because we've had snowcover all week since our little event last Saturday. It's actually felt like winter. 

42 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

when i first read this, i thought it said she had a psoriatic anus :lmao:

and i burst out laughing

3 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

I've been thinking about this post since you posted it. I wish Zack Labe (Blizzard92) was on here more. I feel like this is something he would be able to touch on, as I *believe* he has become something of a climate scientist, if my memory serves me right.

Blizzard92?  It must have been one of those "technical a blizzard but only 2" of snow" blizzards or he lived somewhere else in 92.

It would be interesting to hear some climate theories on why the 60's were so snowy.  Having random snowy years is just random but to have them consecutive like that would suggest something caused it.

3 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

Henry Margusity punted until late February this morning. Henry Margusity or not, a meteorologist punting until late February is basically bolting a coffin shut. 

DT punts every month. We are in the game the next few weeks regardless if anything works out or not.  Not like its warm. 

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

Punting anything 6+ days out is idiotic, no matter what season. 

I think with temps you can punt much longer periods.  Storms yea they change every 6 hours.  If almost every bit of weather modeling shows warm temps for a two week period it is rare they are wrong big picture.  Seems the MA thread is excited about the next two weeks.  Almost like they are daring the HM's to punt.