• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Late Dec 2019/Jan 2020

MAG5035

Well, that's it for me guys.  Switched over to sleet about 10 minutes ago.  Took a final snow measurement and it's 0.8".  I don't have a board at the moment so I'm not going to be able to get a definitive sleet accumulation.  But, I'll estimate a little later.  Disappointed I didn't reach 2", but I guess we should listen to @Itstrainingtime who said when the low(s) are going west of you, lower your expectations regardless of the models.  I never had high expectations but I was hoping to reach the 2" mark.  The other disappointing thing is that the GFS took away our long-lasting cold stretch with its several snowstorms and replaced it with blah warmth.  Hopefully we don't have to wait horribly long for our next legitimate snow shot.

Temp 26.8 / 23.4 with a mix of sleet / snow I'd say 75%/25% right now.

10 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Well, that's it for me guys.  Switched over to sleet about 10 minutes ago.  Took a final snow measurement and it's 0.8".  I don't have a board at the moment so I'm not going to be able to get a definitive sleet accumulation.  But, I'll estimate a little later.  Disappointed I didn't reach 2", but I guess we should listen to @Itstrainingtime who said when the low(s) are going west of you, lower your expectations regardless of the models.  I never had high expectations but I was hoping to reach the 2" mark.  The other disappointing thing is that the GFS took away our long-lasting cold stretch with its several snowstorms and replaced it with blah warmth.  Hopefully we don't have to wait horribly long for our next legitimate snow shot.

Temp 26.8 / 23.4 with a mix of sleet / snow I'd say 75%/25% right now.

Thanks...

Sleet here as well. Finished with .7" of snow.

It's actually sleeting hard enough that you look out the window and the visibility looks like it could be a moderate snow falling. Still must be plenty cold for a way up, because there's no ZR mixed in with it. So I guess you could say it's a "dry, powdery" sleet lol. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

It's actually sleeting hard enough that you look out the window and the visibility looks like it could be a moderate snow falling. Still must be plenty cold for a way up, because there's no ZR mixed in with it. So I guess you could say it's a "dry, powdery" sleet lol. 

Judging the radar you should have 1-2” of pure sleet

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

You still have me beat. I'm at 9.3" for the season currently. 

Lol! Not by much. I have 9.9" here. I'm sure I will go over10. Sleet coming down heavy know with flakes mixing in. Euro gives north central pa snow next weekend.  Hopefully we can adjust some. Not a lot of cold air to work with.

1 minute ago, daxx said:

Lol! Not by much. I have 9.9" here. I'm sure I will go over10. Sleet coming down heavy know with flakes mixing in. Euro gives north central pa snow next weekend.  Hopefully we can adjust some. Not a lot of cold air to work with.

I had a few parachutes mix in about 10 minutes ago and was hoping against hope I'd switch back fully for a while. Alas...those parachutes lasted all of about 2 minutes. 

• Like 1