Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Late Dec 2019/Jan 2020

MAG5035

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, it really lite up the Mason Dixon with an extremely heavy line of sleet.  LSV never goes above freezing. 3K Sleet map from MA:

image.png.d0ca9b3d1aa83f0fd27f30739e88614e.png

Geesh.. the most distinct line is running the east slope of the Allegheny front, which I'm within that zone. It's probably not exaggerating too much on the excessive sleet totals if the NAM is in fact correct with the heavy sleet scenario it has been putting out. Lot of the LSV in the 0.5-1" range. Even that much sleet on a couple inches of snow does wonders with anchoring the snowpack lol. 

3 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Geesh.. the most distinct line is running the east slope of the Allegheny front, which I'm within that zone. It's probably not exaggerating too much on the excessive sleet totals if the NAM is in fact correct with the heavy sleet scenario it has been putting out. Lot of the LSV in the 0.5-1" range. Even that much sleet on a couple inches of snow does wonders with anchoring the snowpack lol. 

Well you may like this one too. 

image.thumb.png.8beb2f813d7fa23c6ff62f32c4f87df2.png

5 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

And I did not mean to not mention the deep colors out your way.  I do have an LSV slant to my posts sometimes. 

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

That forcing looks good for the LSV. Hopefully it will help to sustain good precip rates to fight off the mixing as long as possible tomorrow.

We will also need to keep our eye on the critical thickness levels as well.

B2B821FE-B29A-4214-AB1F-EEA3445A685E.gif

Gut says 6zs will paint the picture As CAD almost becomes nowcasting as even Messi struggle to pick up duration. 

21 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

That forcing looks good for the LSV. Hopefully it will help to sustain good precip rates to fight off the mixing as long as possible tomorrow.

We will also need to keep our eye on the critical thickness levels as well.

B2B821FE-B29A-4214-AB1F-EEA3445A685E.gif

Specifically that yellow thickness line that corresponds to the 850mb-700mb thickness in this situation. That's more specifically where we will see the column potentially go above freezing during the main precip portion from the WAA. Because of the warming in the mid levels 700-500mb, this is a situation that will snow above the traditional 5400 thickness number. 

• Like 1

Euro has Rt 22 as perhaps the line where sleet really cuts down totals-UNV 5.0" this run (NW PA up to 8"), AOO about 3", JST a little over 1". Tomorrow should be fun for you guys, hopefully the mid levels aren't cooked too early but I remember all the bad reminders I lived through in State College where the sleet line stopped for nothing. If it comes in heavy hopefully it gets held off. South of the Turnpike looks mostly like an ice (sleet) event of some type regardless. 

more bad news looks that the back side of the slot is not most robust at the moment . A little mixing in Morgantown according to returns. Initial band is starting to break down quit a bit :( coold air is holding some ground at the moment ZR PL is progressing though. slot no longer filling in on northern edege.