Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Late Dec 2019/Jan 2020

MAG5035

34 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

yeah, the 6z gfs was by far the best run of the year (go peek at snow map).  If we can keep this look on the maps, there is a nice train of events for trackin in the next couple weeks.  

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We just need opportunities, which the GFS has plenty of. One of 'em is bound to break right for us. At the very least we'll be tracking...

wow , i just went over and looking at the GFS..............sign me up fellas

And button down the hatches, looks like we'll be in Kansas with Dorothy today

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

talking to a friend last night ( yes i have friends :D) he is concerned of significant Sleet and a longer duration of freezing rain then snow. 

that is a definite possibility (location dependent).  Lets hope mid/lower levels continue to cool...especially 850/925's as that where liquid freezes :).

Really hoping for IP over ZR.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

Thanks...have been lurking, but very uninteresting winter so far at UNV so nothing to post about.

Your post about the earthworms reminded me of how I used to keep my nightcrawlers in a big old Zellers potato chip can in our fridge when I was young.  Had holes punched in the bottom with top open and the soil covered in damp, shredded newspapers.  My mom used to get really upset because they'd sometimes crawl out and get lost in the back of the fridge—only to be discovered after they'd dried up.  Had to use a putty knife to scrape them off.  Haha.

I have the worlds smelliest truck because I always forget and leave my crawlers in my truck on the hottest weeks of the year .  Non Glossy News paper and card board are a favorite carbon source for worms insects and fungi. I keep and return all my carbon , nitrogen and calcium rich  waste products and return them to the earth . I am every thing hippie's preach but unlike them I actually walk the walk and talk the shit. With the wind being nasty and all the talk of ice I should probably close my pie hole about the worms and hornets and let the fellows do there stuff. Stay safe All.

20 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

snowdome blocks wind too?

;)

lol!!!

Not long after I posted it, the winds picked up. It was almost like a gust front the way it hit. All was quiet, then the back bedroom (where my office is) started creaking, and the all the neighborhood wind chimes (I hate those things) started clanging.

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The NAM is holding steady with that 1-2" finger of snow Sat Am between 7AM and noon then a few hours of Sleet and Freezing rain in the afternoon. Large break between the two. 

NAM seems like it’d do well with this kind of setup so something to watch. What a nuisance storm if so 

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The NAM is holding steady with that 1-2" finger of snow Sat Am between 7AM and noon then a few hours of Sleet and Freezing rain in the afternoon. Large break between the two. 

Stronger warm push north evident as 850s and we lose them when we need them during max qpf, so ZR likely unless warm layer is shallow enough to stay IP.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

NAM seems like it’d do well with this kind of setup so something to watch. What a nuisance storm if so 

Hmm...I feel like the NAM's "wheelhouse" is big, juicy lows coming up the coast. (Jan '16) Certainly could be right for this weekend but I really pay attention to it during our big dog events. It's usually the first to sniff out north trends as well as high QPF. 

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Stronger warm push north evident as 850s and we lose them when we need them during max qpf, so ZR likely unless warm layer is shallow enough to stay IP.

HIRES Nam would suggest a mixture of both but really very little precip on it at all...which is common for it from what I have seen...so think it is probably underdone. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes. As I said last night I really don't think we see much more than 1". It wouldn't totally surprise me if we didn't reach that...

I personally would be surprised if most areas do not get closer to 2" during that first push whether it is a sole finger football snow then shut off for a while  like the Nam or more of a snow to sleet situation like some others I have seen.  

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I personally would be surprised if most areas do not get closer to 2" during that first push whether it is a sole finger football snow then shut off for a while  like the Nam or more of a snow to sleet situation like some others I have seen.  

One thing working in our favor (hopefully) is a very cold night tomorrow night which should set the stage for instant stickage for whatever falls. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

HIRES Nam would suggest a mixture of both but really very little precip on it at all...which is common for it from what I have seen...so think it is probably underdone. 

NAM has a habit of juicing up as we near, so yeah I agree.  Still alot of time left and with something like this, we are in the battle zone, so wiggles make a big diff to ones backyard.  I'd take 1" of snow and 1" of sleet.  No problem.  

For the love of God...

Just overheard a conversation on the other side of the office. Dude is telling a couple of coworkers that we're getting 5-8" of snow Saturday. One of the women asks the dude where he gets his weather info, to which he replies "S&S Stormchasing on Facebook...those guys seem to be the best."

Ugh. 

I marched my fat a** right on over and set 'em straight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For the love of God...
Just overheard a conversation on the other side of the office. Dude is telling a couple of coworkers that we're getting 5-8" of snow Saturday. One of the women asks the dude where he gets his weather info, to which he replies "S&S Stormchasing on Facebook...those guys seem to be the best."
Ugh. 
I marched my fat a** right on over and set 'em straight. 

They suck.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

For the love of God...

Ugh. 

Serious business, a guy just walked in my office and said the same thing

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Icon has a more congealed look with the finger WAA and the front passage being less separated and an all day frozen event.    Snow maps not out yet but would guess 1-3" before change. 

watch the critical 540's back in from the NE at 54.  CAD is doin its thingy....

I personally DID NOT expect the ICON to do this.  Little model fight going on.  I hope Z Germans win this one