• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Late Dec 2019/Jan 2020

MAG5035

Mid atlantic forum getting excited for latter half of jan and beyond. And usually what they get the southern half and hopefully the entire area gets. Would be nice to move that ridge in the pacific over a bit east to allow us to be on the colder side of the boundary with a storm track se of us. 

The upcoming pattern looks to be turning colder with storm chances beginning next weekend through the following week.

The EPS starts to look good in 10 days & continues to look good at day 15. The pattern looks to hold through at least the end of January. 

Here is the 0z  EPS at day 10 & day 15, & the average 500 mb height anomaly average between day 10 & 15. The trough is firmly in the east, the ridge is in the west & there is some blocking up top.

657D3B04-33E6-4F57-ADC4-4ED355330556.png

E2EB069A-2633-43EF-84D9-04F38945DC33.png

DEAE1874-5A96-4A18-888E-F2FF7C6EC897.png

12 minutes ago, daxx said:

Just hit 60 at 10:09. We are already warm so why not hit 70! I think clouds will ruin our chances for that.  

Someone made the comment that it hits 70 every winter.  I did not have the time to check then but doubt that is a norm except in the last decade or two.  I do not remember it hitting 70's much in the 80's or 90's (between Dec 1 and March 1).

22 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Just wait or take a break until Friday. Winter is coming back with a vengeance!

And I've been in a holiday layoff since 12/23. It's quite possible that my first day back will be on the 19th. Just in time (like always) for the pattern to flip.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Someone made the comment that it hits 70 every winter.  I did not have the time to check then but doubt that is a norm except in the last decade or two.  I do not remember it hitting 70's much in the 80's or 90's (between Dec 1 and March 1).

I could be totally wrong but to me it seems 70s have been occurring in December and January more often. Then once we hit February through the beginning of April it's a struggle to hit 70.