• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Late Dec 2019/Jan 2020

MAG5035

Congrats to the squall winners this morning...my goodness, reading reports of 2"-3" new snow just from squalls across southern York and Adams counties and down into northern MD. Nothing at all at home, but after more than 5" yesterday I'm feeling blessed. 

Also - I had snow right to the end last evening...no freezing rain/sleet down here...

• Like 1

I was just getting excited as I was watching a squall drop south towards me.  The dark clouds were almost right overhead and then...poof!  It all evaporated, clouds broke up and the sun came back out....nothing!  Oh well maybe the next one.

Also, overnight low got down to 15.6 around 2:00am.  Finally, it looks so beautiful out there this morning with the sun reflecting off of the trees which are all coated in snow.  Yes, this is what makes winter great.  We only ever get to enjoy it for such a brief period each season it seems.  We get to enjoy this until Friday.

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I was just getting excited as I was watching a squall drop south towards me.  The dark clouds were almost right overhead and then...poof!  It all evaporated, clouds broke up and the sun came back out....nothing!  Oh well maybe the next one.

Also, overnight low got down to 15.6 around 2:00am.  Finally, it looks so beautiful out there this morning with the sun reflecting off of the trees which are all coated in snow.  Yes, this is what makes winter great.  We only ever get to enjoy it for such a brief period each season it seems.  We get to enjoy this until Friday.

You got it Stephen. The drive through Maytown this morning was surreal...5"-6" of heavy wet snow pasted on EVERYTHING, it was simply beautiful! It's awesome to be able to track something for however long and then be able to go out and experience it. At 54 it never gets old for me...yet. 

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

it continues to be a brutal cleanup.

5 minutes ago was a total whiteout in Harrisburg. 

I work at a Chevy dealership in Lancaster and had to clean up about 120 cars this morning. Was not fun......caked on the cars pretty good!

17 minutes ago, canderson said:

Just curious, how'd the DC/Baltimore crew fare with this system? 

Metros areas not so well (temp issues) but at least the N&W Baltimore burbs did well...3"-6" across parts of Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick counties for example. 

Actually, I think @psuhoffman had over 5" yesterday and a couple more inches from squalls this morning. He posted a video that is insane! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Metros areas not so well (temp issues) but at least the N&W Baltimore burbs did well...3"-6" across parts of Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick counties for example. 

Actually, I think @psuhoffman had over 5" yesterday and a couple more inches from squalls this morning. He posted a video that is insane! 

Good for him. He's a good guy - they have some great posters. And then some not-so-great ones .... 

• Like 1

I meant to mention this earlier and then forgot.  Today marks the end of the 2-month long period where the sun sets before 5:00pm.  The sun is still rising at the latest possible time, which for here is 7:32am.  The earliest the sun sets here is at 4:43pm and that occurred 2 weeks before the solstice.  Day length has only increased by 9 minutes since the solstice to 9 hours and 27 minutes (shortest day was 9 hours 18 minutes) but is now increasing by over one minute per day.  I personally enjoy having the sun set before 5:00pm, now I have to wait another 10 months before it comes back...lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I meant to mention this earlier and then forgot.  Today marks the end of the 2-month long period where the sun sets before 5:00pm.  The sun is still rising at the latest possible time, which for here is 7:32am.  The earliest the sun sets here is at 4:43pm and that occurred 2 weeks before the solstice.  Day length has only increased by 9 minutes since the solstice to 9 hours and 27 minutes (shortest day was 9 hours 18 minutes) but is now increasing by over one minute per day.  I personally enjoy having the sun set before 5:00pm, now I have to wait another 10 months before it comes back...lol.

Sunrise/sunset for me today is 7:27am and 4:53pm respectfully. On a personal level, I hate the short days.

SPC expanded thunderstorm coverage  up to NY for Saturday.  Looks like the South is in for a multiple day January Outbreak . Hang in there  weather nerds its going to happen soon . If old man winter doesn't start dropping bombs on us in the next 15 days I am going to post a picture of my bare naked ass  in the Philly forum and get band forever . At least as Flatheadsickness. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Flatheadsickness said:

SPC expanded thunderstorm coverage  up to NY for Saturday.  Looks like the South is in for a multiple day January Outbreak . Hang in there  weather nerds its going to happen soon . If old man winter doesn't start dropping bombs on us in the next 15 days I am going to post a picture of my bare naked ass  in the Philly forum and get band forever . At least as Flatheadsickness. 

That won't get your banned in Philly.  Ralph Wiggum will take your pic and explain how it suggests a flip in the pattern in the 11-15 day range.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Saturday is looking like our seemingly  annual winter 70+ day for a high in the LSV southern sections.  

Happens every year so let’s just embrace it and get shovels ready for later next week and beyond.  

starting to think our turnaround is growing momentum so hang in there gang.  Post more later.  Off to office