Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Late Dec 2019/Jan 2020

MAG5035

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

If one looks over nooners so far, the guy who really needs to worry about getting jipped......

is me.

based on LP evolution best forcing shows cashtown taking all the marbles again, and then Lanco snow dome goes into full effect.  Nam's and GFS see this.  Could just be noise, but....it has my attention.  I think most here are going to enjoy a nice interlude between the episodes of ugliness.

Coming from someone who is admittedly skeptical before a lot of events, (and often for good reason) I think we're in a good spot as well. I'd be somewhat surprised if we end up with less than 2". 

• Like 1

Waiting for the arrival.  Will definitely lose a little bit at the start as temp is currently 37.  Dew point at 26 ensures a nice and quick drop after onset.  Hoping for 2" with anything above that a bonus.  Those greens on radar southwest of here are steadily moving northeastward.  Should create some nice action once the ball gets rolling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I love it when I'm inside the blue squiggly.  Flurries have just begun and the green is rapidly approaching.  Oh boy!

I'm like a little kid in the office today...I've been feeling this one since late Sunday PM. Big shout out to @Blizzard of 93 who made a post almost a week ago during our weeds discussion that he couldn't wait until it was snowing this week. Blizz - Your time is almost here! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm like a little kid in the office today...I've been feeling this one since late Sunday PM. Big shout out to @Blizzard of 93 who made a post almost a week ago during our weeds discussion that he couldn't wait until it was snowing this week. Blizz - Your time is almost here! 

He's like a champion bird dog.....

for snow.

keep sniffen em out bud.  

With heavy snow falling the temp has dropped to 32.7, DP 30.5.  Grass/Mulch now turning white with around 0.2".  Sidewalks/roads still just wet.  Intensity is actually getting heavier now with visibility down to under 0.5" miles.  Looking great out there!  (I'm rooting for everyone, of course.  Cash/Bubbler will probably do the best out of this).

5 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

With heavy snow falling the temp has dropped to 32.7, DP 30.5.  Grass/Mulch now turning white with around 0.2".  Sidewalks/roads still just wet.  Intensity is actually getting heavier now with visibility down to under 0.5" miles.  Looking great out there!  (I'm rooting for everyone, of course.  Cash/Bubbler will probably do the best out of this).

Yeah, I'd place my chips with them as well.  Getting steadier here, but still has a way to go to get interesting.  

I just won a beer bet w/ a salesrep that is a PIAA official about tonights games being cancelled.  He said no way and hour ago....

Now I'm deciding on what beer I'm ordering when we go out......#win

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Now THATS the Bubbler we all know and love :P

I get such a bad time for being realistic vs. just saying snow all the time.  LOL  One thing that worries me about that 4+" total in the Catoctin's, just south of the Mason Dixon, is that back line is racing westward pretty fast.  I expect it pivot's some for the Eastern folks but the accumulating snow has already left the far S/W corner of  Franklin county.  

Sidewalks finally caving as the temp has hit 32.5, DP 31.0.  Temp has stopped dropping and is seemingly locked here.  I'd say the grass now has about 0.7 to 0.8" on it now.  About 0.1" on the sidewalks.  Flake size has now increased to the largest it's been so far as the snow continues heavily.  We could be approaching 1"/hr rates now.

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I get such a bad time for being realistic vs. just saying snow all the time.  LOL  One thing that worries me about that 4+" total in the Catoctin's, just south of the Mason Dixon, is that back line is racing westward pretty fast.  I expect it pivot's some for the Eastern folks but the accumulating snow has already left the far S/W corner of  Franklin county.  

Dude I’m glad your realistic. No better way to be.  It’s repetitive crankiness sans weather discussion that triggers/d us die hard snow hounds. 

all good bud. Enjoy your flakes today. They will be gone by Friday.