Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

5 hours ago, dryslot said:

28.5"

14-15 was my most frustrating "good" winter - cold with over 120% average snowfall.  For me that blizzard could be likened to hunting all deer season without success, then the last afternoon coming on a friend who just dropped a nice buck, only he has no idea how to field-dress the beast and his heart is too weak to even help with the drag.  Then I don't even get offered a package of meat.  :o   All the work and none of the fun.

8 minutes ago, tamarack said:

14-15 was my most frustrating "good" winter - cold with over 120% average snowfall.  For me that blizzard could be likened to hunting all deer season without success, then the last afternoon coming on a friend who just dropped a nice buck, only he has no idea how to field-dress the beast and his heart is too weak to even help with the drag.  Then I don't even get offered a package of meat.  :o   All the work and none of the fun.

Given how snowy it was our winter forecasts should've been pretty good. But we ended up accurately warning 91% of the warning events that occured, but falsely warned at a rate of 37%. 

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol...you had to know that was just a joke at 12z Anthony.  No way that was gonna happen.

Yes, very unlikely as exact but you’re living in past tense as if it’s Feb 2nd already. Final outcome yet TBD. 

And who really wants a bullseye after bullseye this far out? Just keep some sort of storm signal going for now and with an improving pattern...roll the dice inside d3/d4. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yes, very unlikely as exact but you’re living in past tense as if it’s Feb 2nd already. Final outcome yet TBD. 

And who really wants a bullseye after bullseye this far out? Just keep some sort of storm signal going for now and with an improving pattern...roll the dice inside d3/d4. 

Certainly agree.  Keep a signal is the take away.  

But I’m gonna go on record now and say that a 954 bomb isn’t gonna happen 8-9 days from now.  Just my gut feeling. Lol. So in that respect I might as we’ll be 9 days in the future, cuz the odds of that happening are slim to none.  And if I’m proved wrong..I’ll So gladly eat crow. 

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Certainly agree.  Keep a signal is the take away.  

But I’m gonna go on record now and say that a 954 bomb isn’t gonna happen 8-9 days from now.  Just my gut feeling. Lol. So in that respect I might as we’ll be 9 days in the future, cuz the odds of that happening are slim to none.  And if I’m proved wrong..I’ll So gladly eat crow. 

You’re really sticking your neck out there lol, but remember just a few seasons ago we had a very deep (forgot the exact pressure) in the Jan 4 2018 event. Obviously they are rare but the changing pattern ahead can pop a good one or two. We pray.

• Haha 2